Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
“Fergie Kicked Me Out For Wearing Wrong Boots!”
Exclamation 
Diego Forlan’s last game for Manchester United was on the opening day of the 2004-2005 season, on a day where Miller and Djemba-Djemba started in midfield, with Roy Keane filling in at centre back during an injury crisis.

A fortnight after leaving United Forlan scored for Villarreal on his début. Given that it took him 27 matches to score his first for us, you’d imagine that was the reason behind his departure, but Forlan has today revealed the real reason for his leaving.

“Ferguson wanted me to play with high studs, the interchangeable ones that suit wet pitches, but I feel more comfortable in low ones,” said Forlan. “I agreed to change, but I didn’t and, against Chelsea, I slipped in front of goal and wasted a chance. Afterwards, I rushed to the dressing room to change boots, but Ferguson caught me. He grabbed the boots and threw them. That was my last game for United.”

Forlan reckons his relationship with the manager has improved since then and that he also gives the club transfer tips.

“When we were in London Ferguson showed up at our hotel,” he continued. “I still have a good relationship with Sir Alex and his brother Martin. We have conversations and sometimes he asks me about South American players I might know of.”

So does his mean the gaffer has not given up on Sergio Aguero?
LOL I loved this story! Always liked him and just a shame he never really showed the form he shows now when he was with us! Hope Athletico beat Chelsea when they play!
lol. its unfortunate that it didnt work out for him in manchester utd.
hes still a legend for what he did against the scousers
Diego wooooah
He has become a better player since leaving united but he was poor at utd
He was poor at united. Many players are in England but have great careers in Europe. It just shows me how high the standard of the enlish league is but most of all How high United standards are. Although it may not be the actual reason he left United it just shows. FERGIE IS BOSS. END OF...
Barn door... banjo comes to mind when I think of Diego's time at Utd. now he is fantastic. As mentioned I think it shows the tough level of the Prem
although he didnt score many the ones he did score were very important like the two against the scouse in dec 02 (ha ha dudek) but for villareal he has been very promising
Blah. Why are you posting exactly the same thread again? Tut tut. You know better. You've just added a new line to the end of the lead post.
If anyone wants to add to this thread, go to:
https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-%E2%80%9...ight=Diego