Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anfield Warning!!
United fans travelling to Anfield this weekend are warned that they will be searched prior to entry into the ground. The Security has been stepped up and the staff will be employed to look for....

yes, you've guessed it....

BEACH BALLS!!! How funny is that??

Report: Manchester United Fans To Be Searched For Beach Balls At Liverpool

Manchester United fans travelling to Anfield to watch their team play Liverpool at the weekend will be searched as normal as stewards look for beach balls.

Red Liverpool beach balls have sold out from the Anfield club shop, with staff suspecting United fans are snapping them up as they plan a 'tribute' to the goal Darren Bent scored for Sunderland against the Reds at the weekend.

Bent's effort deflected off a red beach ball and past Pepe Reina into the net for the game's only goal at the Stadium of Light.

The beach ball had been thrown onto the pitch by a Liverpool fan. Although the goal should not have stood, Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been philosophical about what happened claiming that his club do not want to change things.

"It will be the normal search policy," a Liverpool spokesperson told The Sporting Life.

Any beach balls found on supporters will be confiscated.

Source: Goal.com
lol but sure it was a liverpool fan who had the beach ball they should be searched too
haha yea I heard this aswell

All united fans are being urged to smuggle a few in

put it in our socks if it comes to it

come on someone get one in. How funny would it be if it happened again
ha ha it would make a mockery of the anfield security
I bet the scousers are so thick, they haven't worked out that you can take them in hidden in a pocket or bag and inflate them inside the ground!

Cover the ground in beach balls!! I like the idea of United fans buying up the beach balls as souvenirs! The stuff being flogged on E-bay was funny, too. Keyrings, place mats, etc! Who thinks them up?
I thought it was hilarious how the Red Beach Ball bided it's time, patiently in the corner of the net, until Reina's back was turned.
Then, as if it had an agenda all of it's own, it rolled slowly and silently out from the back the net.
The Beach Ball strategically placed itself inside the box and to the goalies right as Bent approached and staunchly it held it's position. Darren Bent drove the football fiercely towards the goal and the Beach Ball, realising that it was going straight down Reina's throat, executed the perfect glancing header.
Job done .... 1 - 0

Although the Beach Ball scored an inspired goal I think that it was blown up out of all proportions.
ha ha when we beat them on sunday, benitez will get his P45 and that my dear rafa IS A FACT!!!!!!
(20-10-2009, 06:25 PM)Hyltz. Wrote: I thought it was hilarious how the Red Beach Ball bided it's time, patiently in the corner of the net, until Reina's back was turned.
Then, as if it had an agenda all of it's own, it rolled slowly and silently out from the back the net.
The Beach Ball strategically placed itself inside the box and to the goalies right as Bent approached and staunchly it held it's position. Darren Bent drove the football fiercely towards the goal and the Beach Ball, realising that it was going straight down Reina's throat, executed the perfect glancing header.
Job done .... 1 - 0

Although the Beach Ball scored an inspired goal I think that it was blown up out of all proportions.

hahaha good post very funny
Come on Lets Make it 5 IN A ROW for them Lol
lets get raffa the sack