Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barca want Rooney £85 million
Exclamation 
Barcelona are preparing to launch a world record £85 million raid for Manchester United's superstar striker Wayne Rooney, according to the News of the World.

The tabloid claims that the Camp Nou board hopes to exploit the Red Devils' financial concerns in order to top Real Madrid's £80m purchase of Cristiano Ronaldo last season.

Sir Alex Ferguson is yet to reinvest the money brought in from his Portuguese protege's departure, and it is thought that the Old Trafford club's debts are preventing him from doing so.

Meanwhile, with Rooney set to enter the 2010 World Cup as England's marquee player, Barca believe his arrival next summer would be just the marketing leveller needed after Los Galacticos output in the last transfer window.

However, the Spanish giants are aware of the difficulties in orchestrating such a signing - the main problem being that the player himself has often expressed his desire to remain at United for the rest of his career.

Furthermore, the 24-year-old's wife, Colleen, recently gave birth to the pair's first child, and so he would be naturally wary of destabilising his young family by moving abroad.

FROM GOAL.COM

My Opinion NOT GONNA HAPPEN LOL:grin: Wazza a real RED DEVIL
I saw this in the NOTW today, too. Nothing, of course, from OT, but Wazza has previously stated he wants to end his career with United. Of course, there is the issue of the ever increasing debt. I would love for SAF or David Gill to come out and say where we are and what the real plan is for the club and the debt.
Right since if none of the money from CR could be spent on January then it might miss lead people to think they might sell because they need the money for Club debt.
Noooo I like Rooney Sad.
hurray nw we know Rooneys price more than CR9
hahah XD
rooney is NOT going!
I hope that's right. That he isn't going, that is. I think with the little one, he might want to be settled in Manchester. Add to that, he has stated he wants to end his career at OT. I think he'll stay. For a while....
cant see him moving to spain seeing as his little lad is only born and he loves utd too much to leave
It's great for us to get an idea of his worth, providing NOTW sources are correct.
I can't see him going, although many players would, if only to realise their own prestige. (Today I am the most valued footballer in the world !)
rooney dosnt play for money mate he has sed alot of time i love united! he's not going end of story!