Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becks hails Rooney
Becks has no fears over Roo
Veteran backs United ace to continue red-hot form

David Beckham is confident Wayne Rooney will still be in red-hot form when England target World Cup glory this summer.

The Manchester United striker continued the most prolific season of his career with a brace in the thrilling 3-2 UEFA Champions League last-16 first leg success over AC Milan at the San Siro on Tuesday night.

There are fears that the demands of leading the Red Devils' quest for silverware at home and abroad could see the 24-year-old flagging by the time the Three Lions begin their campaign in South Africa.

But Beckham, who is on loan at AC Milan from LA Galaxy in a bid to ensure he secures a place alongside Rooney in Fabio Capello's squad, has no such concerns.

"Burn-out will not be a problem," he said.
Ready

"Of course he can sustain that level until the middle of July. He should be able to. He is only 24.

"He looks after himself and works hard. The way he plays is the way he trains. That is why he is so good and why Wayne is ready for any game.

"It doesn't matter how many games he has played or how many he will be involved in to the end of the season, he will be ready for anything."

Beckham feels Rooney could be challenging for the coveted Ballon D'Or if England make an impact at the World Cup.

Neither he, nor Sir Alex Ferguson, have held back from their belief that Rooney has now joined Lionel Messi, Kaka and former United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo in the elite group of players currently regarded as the world's best.

But Rooney himself takes the accolades in his stride.

"If people are saying nice things about me that is good but I am not really listening too much," he said.

"I am not really focussing on that side of things. I know what I need to keep doing. I just want to keep playing well."

source: skysports.com
Rooney is the hottest property in europe at the moment u dont hear much about messi at the moment
Ha yeah I noticed that mate.
Evry Where ................................. Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney..........

Right now Top scorer in te world...

He took us to Wembeley ... iam sure he wil march us to bernabeu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used to follow castrol football rating ...
Rooney was in 40th at te starting of te season right now hes in 9th

1(2) L. Messi FORWARD BARCELONA PRIMERA LIGA 980
2(1) C. Ronaldo MIDFIELDER R MADRID PRIMERA LIGA 930
3(5) F. Torres FORWARD LIVERPOOL PREMIER LEAGUE 909
4(2) T. Henry FORWARD BARCELONA PRIMERA LIGA 881
5(4) G. Piqué DEFENDER BARCELONA PRIMERA LIGA 877
6(6) D. Villa FORWARD VALENCIA PRIMERA LIGA 866
7(9) D. van Buyten DEFENDER BAYERN BUNDESLIGA 851
8(17) D. Drogba FORWARD CHELSEA PREMIER LEAGUE 829
9(25) W. Rooney FORWARD MAN UNITED PREMIER LEAGUE 825
roo will be chased by some of europes top clubs, but he will remain a red devil no matter what
Yeah seems Rooney wants to stay.
Messi Who, lol?
(20-02-2010, 11:06 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Messi Who, lol?

cristiano who??
(20-02-2010, 11:08 AM)andrewcmufc Wrote:
(20-02-2010, 11:06 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Messi Who, lol?

cristiano who??

Ronaldhino who?

This could go on.