Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Foster: Loan or Transfer Rumours
£4million reported for Foster, which won't even dent the loan interest, so maybe SAF would get a transfer kitty of £4m, now?
Even 4m just get rid of him.
Spurs linked with Foster according to Skysports

Spurs thwarted in Foster bid
Tottenham fail to match Red Devil's valuation of keeper

Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham have had a bid for Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster rejected.

Spurs have been continuously linked with a move for Portsmouth shot-stopper David James since the summer but seem to have now turned their attentions towards Foster.

The 26-year-old has waited patiently for his chance to shine at Old Trafford but when given a starting berth at the beginning of the season with Edwin Van der Sar out injured the England international made a number of high-profile errors.

Since then the former Stoke City ace has slipped down the pecking order, so much so that when Van der Sar suffered yet more injury heartache against Everton in November fellow keeper Tomasz Kuszczak was given his chance with Foster recently struggling to make the bench.

Foster has been tipped to leave United this month in a bid to secure his place in the England squad for the World Cup this summer.

Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson has stated on more than one occasion that Foster will not be allowed to leave on loan and it is believed that Spurs have failed to meet United's valuation of the keeper.

Whether Harry Redknapp ups his bid or decides to renew his interest in James remains to be seen but the former Portsmouth boss may have to decide quickly with Sunderland also thought to be interested in Foster.
I think that given a decent run for a good side, without the kind of pressure there is being the 'keeper at OT, Ben will shine. I'm not saying I expect us to be back in the bidding for him in years to come, but I think that he'll do OK.
Yeah I think he could do well at other clubs.
sunderland is a good choice for him!
Vazza loving your signature man Smile
Just read this, not even Spurs want Foster

Redknapp - No Foster bid
Keeper's Spurs switch rubbished

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has dismissed rumours linking him with a move for Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster.

Reports emanating on Monday suggested Spurs had an offer turned down by United for the England international.

Spurs are thought to be in the market for goalkeeping reinforcements with Carlo Cudicini facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Foster has been mentioned as a possible target after dropping down the pecking order at Old Trafford in recent weeks.

However, Redknapp is in the dark about talk that suggests Spurs have lodged a bid for Foster.

"I have no idea where this story has come from because we have never made an offer for Ben Foster, let alone had one rejected," said Redknapp.

"He is an England goalkeeper and I cannot see him going somewhere as a number two anyway."
i really wanted him to be quality and replace vds long term, but he was generally poor in the games he played so cant see him getting a chance again and think will be sold in the summer
Yeah bro looks like that's what it's gonna be. He wasn't quality when he did have the chance.