Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzema Deal Looking Up
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas last night opened the door for Manchester United to make a £30million move for striker Karim Benzema.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be looking for a forward if Carlos Tevez rejects United’s offer to turn his loan move into a permanent deal.

Ferguson has kept tabs on highly-rated Benzema, above, for more than two years, having dinner with Aulas after one Lyon match.

Aulas said “Karim said he wants to stay. I don’t want to sell. So he’s here at 99 per cent.

“However, Kaka should not be leaving Milan and he will join Real Madrid. We have entered spiral madness. I am relaxed. I will not say Karim is untransferable.”

Benzema, who scored a penalty for France in their 1-0 win over Turkey last night, said: “If there is a huge offer and the chairman says I have to go, I would probably leave.

“But I will not go and see him and ask to leave. I am 21 years old and I will have time to play for another club.

“The clubs will carry on calling. Everyone is looking for forwards. But I am fine at Lyon.”

Tevez should inform United of his decision after Argentina’s World Cup qualifier next Wednesday, with Manchester City set to pounce if he decides to move on.
I hope we sign him and maybe Silva and then we will be awesome next year.
Nope. Shame.