Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callum Davenport
I am sure you will have all heard West Ham defender Callum Davenport was stabbed and it has come out his sisters boyfriend did it! Good luck Callum and hope to see you recovering and the same to all the other stab victims and RIP to those who aren't so lucky.
sad sad story why did this happen?

latest news is he might have to get one leg amputated
get well soon calum, hope he gets back on the pitch, he is a decent player and all the best to his mother too
I saw in the papers that he didn't lose his leg. There was a photo of him leaving hospital on crutches. He did look ill and had lost a lot of weight. We wish him a speedy recovery.
I can't believe it was his sister's boyfriend (allegedly) and she (allegedly) stood up for her partner!!! The world has officially gone mad!
(24-09-2009, 07:24 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: I saw in the papers that he didn't lose his leg. There was a photo of him leaving hospital on crutches. He did look ill and had lost a lot of weight. We wish him a speedy recovery.
I can't believe it was his sister's boyfriend (allegedly) and she (allegedly) stood up for her partner!!! The world has officially gone mad!

The bloke who stabbed him has admitted it in court:

Davenport: Sister's boyfriend admits grievous bodily harm with intent

Man accused of stabbing West Ham footballer Calum Davenport in both legs has pleaded guilty
The man accused of stabbing West Ham footballer Calum Davenport in both legs has pleaded guilty.

Worrell Whitehurst, 25 appeared at Luton Crown Court on Monday, November 16 and entered a guilty plea to causing 26-year-old Mr Davenport grievous bodily harm with intent on August 22 this year.

He also admitted unlawfully wounding Mr Davenport's mother Kim Stupple, 49 during the same incident.

Mr Whitehurst, from Finsley Walk, Derby is the boyfriend of the footballer's sister, Cara Davenport.

Judge John Bevan QC adjourned sentence and remanded him in custody but told him: "You plainly face a substantial custodial sentence for this matter."

Mr Davenport, a former England under-21 international was injured in the early hours of August 22 in Springfield Avenue, Kempston outside the home of Mrs. Stupple.

No date was set for Whitehurst to be sentenced and a pre sentence report was not ordered.

Source: Lutontoday.co.uk

In addition:

West Ham United defender Calum Davenport, 26, denied assaulting his sister Cara, 28, in court last week.

Davenport pleaded "not guilty" at Bedford Magistrates Court in relation to accusations of causing actual bodily harm to Cara.

The Hammers centre-back was stabbed in the legs in August, and spent six days in intensive care amid fears that he would be prevented from playing football again.

Davenport was charged with actual bodily harm at the end of October. He has maintained his innocence since the accusation.

Source: Goal.com