Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOUBLE CONGRATULATIONS - WAYNE.
Courtesy of ESPN Soccernet.

'Manchester United striker, Wayne Rooney has been named the 'Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), player of the year'.

He has been in sensational form this season-and he staved off his competition, the likes of: Cesc Fabregas, Carlos Tevez and Didier Drogba, to collect the honour. It is United's fourth winner of the award in 'each of the past 4 years'.

Rooney said, "Its a great feeling to win the player of the year award, because it's voted for by the players', and its something I'm really proud of and it's a great honour."

"I remember coming here in 2005 and 2006 to win the Young Player of the Year award. I saw the players winning the main one and it's something I've aimed for since".

'Rooney, is the Premier League's top-scorer, with 26 goals to his name. he missed United's 3-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspurs, on Saturday with a groin injury sustained during training-there are doubts as to whether he will play for his club again this season-though he insists he could be back for United's final game of the season and has promised that he will be fit, to spearhead the country's World Cup campaign'.

Rooney is the first Englishman to win the award since Steven Gerrard in 2006 and he paid tribute to the influence of his United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has had on his career.
"Sir Alex, is a great
manager, who has really brought me on as a player since I joined
United. His hunger passes through to the players'. its great to see
that he's pushing 70 (years of age), and has'nt changed a bit. I'm
sure he'll be here for a long time yet". (me too Wayne!).

Congratulations from a KIWI girl and a well deserved honour too.

Cheers. Smile
yes this has been a fantastic year for rooney on and off the field and im glad he got this award for he fully deserves it.
yaaaaaa 3rd time ...... hes been awarded Smile ....

He also considered for Writers player of te year award too Smile

Hope Rooney ill nt be happy for this .... injury ruins evrythng .. and stop te progression of UTD game .. in CL ....
[Image: 2ry2i3a.jpg]

baby(KAI) 34 goals ... PFA award ... heading to WC with high expectation.. carling cup... hopefully Pl .. pretty memorable year to Roooney Smile

He insist he will be Fit for last match of PL and his groin will be ok to play for te WC Smile
Premier League team of the year:

...............Hart,
Ivanovic, Vermaelen, Dunne, Evra,
Valencia,Fabregas, Fletcher,Milner,
........Rooney, Drogba.

welldone ... valencia,Evra,Rooney,Fletcher
Not a bad season for a '1 man team' then? All those reporters who are saying United rely solely on Wazza are numpties, as that line up above shows.

I'll add my congratulations to Wayne on his award - just world class.

Well done, too, to Valencia, Evra, Fletcher and Wazza for making the team of the year.
Doh,,,,,,,, now they will call us 4 man teamm :|
lol
xD

Also 2nd half of the season .... was dominated by
Vidicaaaa
Nani
scholsey/VDS Smile
although id like to see him getting world and european player of year aswell, id say that'll go to messi
hes in contentions ... happy if he won 2nd or 3rd Smile

He also leading in writers player of the year Smile
verrrry nice Big Grin