Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Moyes to tell Wayne Rooney his future lies at Manchester United
Good day, Red Devils.

I have another piece of news for you. This time, it's about David Moyes' comment for Wayne Rooney saying that he will be staying in United.

I'll be quoting the important parts of the article. For those who wants to read the full article, here is the source.

Enjoy reading.

Quote:David Moyes is minded to keep Wayne Rooney at Manchester United and the new manager is hopeful he can convince the striker that his long-term future remains at the club.

Quote:Moyes, who spent his first day of work as United's manager visiting the club's Carrington training ground, will make resolving Rooney's future one of his priorities. He was welcomed on Monday by the news that Rio Ferdinand will sign a new one-year contract no later than Friday.

Quote:Most importantly, there is a desire on the part of Moyes to keep Rooney at United. Rooney has two years remaining on his deal – the usual point for renewing terms – and, if he decides to stay, his salary of about £300,000 a week means any negotiations regarding a fresh contract could be lengthy.

Quote:Moyes will definitely have Ferdinand after the defender agreed a deal worth at least £100,000 a week. Ferdinand is out of the country with friends including Jody Morris, the former Chelsea midfielder, for a stag party but the fresh contract will be announced in the coming days.
It will be wonderful if Wayne Rooney continues on at Old Trafford. He has contributed a lot to Manchester United over the years and I look forward to seeing him don a Manchester United jersey next season. David Moyes was the manager who gave him his big break. I look forward to more great work from both of them next season.
What if Real Madrid say you can have Ronaldo for Rooney PLUS cash? I would sell him. Mind, why not cash in on Wazza if another club comes sniffing round? he hasn't been his usual high standard self for probably 18 months now. There seems to be something missing from his play.
I also like to see him staying Old Trafford. But I don't think it would be easy as Arsenal and City are trying to lure him. If Roony goes then Moyes needs to bring a super star instead.
Good news, it would be a shame to see him leave as I personally think it would damage us as it would be a rival purchasing him from us, like the arsenal RVP situation, apart from it would be with Rooney instead!
Looks like davie moyes first task is to deal with rooney, lets see how he manages to handle this.
(28-05-2013, 11:35 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: What if Real Madrid say you can have Ronaldo for Rooney PLUS cash? I would sell him. Mind, why not cash in on Wazza if another club comes sniffing round? he hasn't been his usual high standard self for probably 18 months now. There seems to be something missing from his play.

It would be sad if, after all he has given the club, they just sell him to the highest bidder...loyalty?? Guess that went out when the Glazers came in.
Man Utd has had so many key players in the past who have left for other teams only to lessen the Man Utd identity. I will always be a Man Utd fan no matter what but it's hard when you've come to identify Man Utd in terms of, for example, Ronaldo or Beckham over the years, and they suddenly leave for a different team. I respect the players' decisions but it really does dampen Man Utd fans' morale if you know what I mean. Happy that Rooney is staying though. Smile
Just to give a quick update on my thread. I'm glad to see that Moyes is true to his word. I can finally see Rooney playing an important role in the team this season. I hope Moyes' trust to Rooney and Rooney's dedication to the team won't falter.
This gets brought up all the time. Rooney has displayed that he is unhappy for quite some time at Manchester United.

I do not think Moyes will have a definitive role on him staying as he is not the influential figure that Alex Ferguson was.