Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCLUSIVE: Frozen Out Nani 'Unlikely' To Seal January Move From Manchester United
Out-of-favour star may have to wait until summer to leave Old Trafford

Jan 7, 2010 6:00:00 PM
Photo Gallery Zoom
Nani - Manchester United (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams
Man Utd.
Players
Nani
Portuguese winger Nani is unlikely to leave Manchester United in the January transfer window, Goal.com UK understands.

Despite being linked to a series of European clubs after falling out with Sir Alex Ferguson, the 23-year-old's representatives have now set their sights on securing a transfer after the World Cup.

Mooted moves to AC Milan, Fiorentina and Benfica - who reportedly turned down the chance to take him in a cash-plus-player exchange deal with Angel Di Maria - have failed, leaving Nani fighting for his place at Old Trafford.

A source close to Nani's agent Jorge Mendes told Goal.com UK: "There are always links and stories about Nani, but I am sure that he will not leave Manchester United in January.

"In the summer? Maybe, after the World Cup. But, at the moment this would be too difficult and he will not leave Manchester. Any talk of a move will have to wait.

"He has not been offered to other clubs through his agent as this would be illegal and not moral without Manchester United's permission. For now, I am convinced he stays."

Nani has made just one first team appearance since November when he publicly criticised Sir Alex for dropping him from big matches and 'trashing' players when they have a bad match.

He started in the 3-1 win at Wolfsburg on 8 December, before injury curtailed his involvement over the festive period.

Nani moved to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon in 2007 for an undisclosed fee thought to be around £17 million.
Touted as the 'next Ronaldo' the pacy winger has struggled to fulfill his potential at the club.

His agent, Jorge Mendes, is rumoured to have had interest from clubs in Italy, Spain and his native Portugal and with the World Cup approaching the winger is desperate for first team football.

Portuguese pain | Nani has been frozen out

Goal.com Italy editor Carlo Garganese also cannot see Nani getting a fresh start in Italy this month. Decreased budgets and different priorities make him sceptical any move could happen.

“He [Nani] has been linked with [A.C.] Milan and Fiorentina. Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has said numerous times that Milan won't sign anyone else this month as they have already bought Beckham, [Dominic] Adiyiah and a young Ghanaian, 16-year-old Edmund Hottor,” he said.

“It is likely these statements are genuine, although Milan need, and Leonardo does want, to sign a player who can rotate with Ronaldinho and [Alexandre] Pato on the left and right of attack.

“Milan has very few alternatives for these positions if either Ronaldinho or Pato gets injured and it could cost Milan in the business end of the season. Nani can play both roles, so in some senses he is perfect, but I doubt it will happen.

“As for Fiorentina, they have already signed a centre back Felipe from Udinese, and their next priority this month is a centre midfielder as Cristiano Zanetti is always injured. Once they achieve this, I doubt they will have any money left over to buy Nani, nor am I sure they would meet his wage demands.”

With his options narrowing by the day, Nani looks like he will have to fight for a first team place at the Premier League champions amid stiff competition from the impressive Gabriel Obertan and Antonio Valencia.

With Ferguson's well known 'zero tolerance' policy on players that question his authority, he will have his work cut out.

Source: GOAL
I'm glad hes staying give him 1 more chance, I think he has it in himself somewhere just needs to get rid of arrogance
Chance i think he has had enough not being fare about this!
he isnt going to want to stay anyway he dosnt start and he is going to want to be in Portugals starting 11 for the 2010 world cup too
hes DOne @ utd!
end of story

XD
yea he has no future here
Very Late Night Musings

The frustrating thing for me is :~
Nani is quite capable of doing the job required of him. We have all seen him do it, albeit in flashes.
For some reason, known only to him, his game alternated between hot & cold and, in most matches we inevitably got to see only the cold.

Why was that ?

Well, initially I thought that he perhaps felt overshadowed by the reputations of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs etc.. However, when CR7 'filled his boots' and left Nani just couldn't find it within himself to rise to the occasion, couldn't prove to all just how great a player he really was and so couldn't make the shirt his own.

How the mighty can fall :

Nani's failure to excel resulted in others being given his starts and those players showed themselves to have the strength of character to make the most of their chances.
He would have rightly felt put down when this happened but obviously couldn't raise his game in training to fight for his place.

His inability to show his worth has unfortunately been hampered of recent by injuries. Even so - on the few days (over the past 6 months) that duty did call, he either tried too hard to make his mark or simply lacked the courage of conviction in his own footballing ability.
One way or another, the end product of his endeavors were poor (to say the least) and thus he deserved to be dropped.
So a lack of steel and determination appeared in a side of him that would only serve to escalate his own downfall.

Falling foul of SAF was not exactly the smartest move Nani ever made :

By now dissatisfaction had taken hold of the player and words were said (accredited to him) in the wrong places, to the wrong people, at the wrong times.
Nani 'quotes' made it back to OT via the pages of international sports rags and so the 'Hairdryer' roared into action.
This probably went further than anything (even his poor performances on the pitch) to isolate Nani from favour.

Can he come back - or is it too late ?

Well it looks to be the latter - but never say never.
We are going through a transitional period just now and, with the injury crisis continuing and our poor performances of late, who knows what just might happen ...

Sir Alex has stated that he has a large enough squad of players as it is and doesn't need to buy any more during the January transfer window.
Therefore, surely he has to make the best of the talent he already has - doesn't he ?
If Nani, his agent and SAF can find it between the three them, to sit down and thrash out all of their problems then who knows ....
We just may not have seen the last of Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha yet.
Frozen out Nani 'will not leave' Manchester United In January
Out-of-favour star may have to wait until summer to leave Old Trafford

7/1/10
EXCLUSIVE
By Matt Monaghan | Manchester United Correspondent

source: Goal.com
Yeah doubt he's got a future at United.
he will be apart of a deal i would thinking
sell him to celtic for 7 million
Don't they get the Premier league in Scotland? I'm sure they will have seen him play!! £7million??