Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of an Era
[Image: Nemanja_Vidic_Manchester_United_Premier_...821021.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic will leave the Premier League club at the end of the season.

The Serbia defender has enjoyed a hugely successful career at Old Trafford since joining from Spartak Moscow in 2006, helping the club win a string of trophies.

But Vidic's contract runs out in the summer and he will seek out a fresh challenge, with Inter Milan thought to be favourites to sign the 32-year-old.

Injuries have restricted Vidic's appearances in recent years and he featured in just 23 games last season, but the centre-back has been a regular starter in United's defence this campaign.

"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this club for so many years."

He becomes the latest long serving player to announce their departure and it remains to be seen if he will be followed by Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs, who are all out of contract in the near future.

A statement from Vidic on Manchester United's official website read: "I never could have imagined winning 15 trophies and I will certainly never forget that fantastic night in Moscow, memories that will live with me and the fans forever.

"However, I have decided that I will move on at the end of this season. I want to challenge myself again and try to make the best of myself in the coming years.

"I'm not considering staying in England as the only club I ever wanted to play for here is Manchester United and I was lucky enough to be part of this club for so many years.

"I've got a few options to move on and I will choose the right one for me and for my family.

"I am now going to focus all my efforts on playing for Manchester United and do the best I can for the team until the end of the season.

"I hope this stops any further speculation about my future."

The first big name to depart. I can't blame him for wanting a new challenge, but he will be so hard to replace. Pleased he will be moving abroad. I would hate to see him line up against United in the PL>

Good luck Vida
so disappointed!!
what a player! what a leader! what a competitor! what a warrior!! Who is going to lead the team now???-he's the only one left that grabs the game by the scruff and lifts the troops up!!! Sad(
Very concerned by this- looks more than likely we'll be loosing a lot of experience come the end of the season!
with Giggs, Rio, Evra, unlikely to stay on and now big Vida confirming he's leaving!! Sad
I just hope we get a good 5/6 top quality players in this summer! I would also hope we already have these players lined up!!!!
going to be an interesting summer of Manchester United!!!!!
There are probably only a handful of players from the first team that will stay, but the immediate future will certainly be interesting.

De Gea will be a shoe-in for the keeper spot for a long time to come.

Rafael, if he stays after his brother left, will be right back for a while, but to be honest, the back four needs refreshing. Maybe Jonny Evans can step up, or even Phil Jones, but not sure Chris Smalling is the answer.

The midfield should revert to a pair in front of the back four and this could be Fletcher and Carrick.

In front of them will be Mata and Januzai with another creative player with them.

And up top will be RVP for a little while longer, but what about Wazza? Don't forget Chicarito, although Welbeck has not gone on from the early promise.

Don't forget the young blood coming through. Jesse Lingard is one that sticks out for me, but there are other youngsters on loan around the leagues.

We will never win anything with kids, lol.
It does look like Evra and Rio are on their way, although no official confirmation. Read between the lines here:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/...as-futures
It is all very interesting Noucamp, and will Defo be an interesting summer!!
Players are literally playing for their futures!! Players careers come to an end-and managers will want their own players in-but as I keep saying-I just hope we get the quality required for Manchester United!!!! The fact we need to bring in 5/6 players, then these players need to integrate and settle into the United way!!
As allready mentioned Defo interesting, hopefully exciting times ahead!!!
Vidic has confirmed he is on his way to Inter Milan. Good luck to him..

For more, see http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/...nter-milan
Sounds like Evra is going back to France, maybe family reasons?