Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F.A charge the boss (But not this time)
Sir Alex has been charged by the F.A over his remarks about referee Alan Wiley after our 2-2 draw with Sunderland. Fergie could face a possible touchline ban or a fine if found guilty with improper conduct. The boss has until November 3rd to respond to the charges, although the referees union is calling on him to be banned.

Source: BBCSport.com
In hindsight, I think SAF was right in what he said, but maybe wrong in the way it came out. His complaint should have been made in private.

Having said that, if it were any other manager, would we be having this conversation?
mark hughes made a few comments about wiley on sunday, but they werent as bad as fergies, is suppose this means that we will have a tough few games under mr wiley form now on then
But not this time!!

Sir Alex Ferguson has escaped disciplinary action following his remarks about referee Mark Clattenburg on Saturday.

The Manchester United boss criticised the official after midfielder Darren Fletcher was sent off for two yellow card offences during the champions' clash with Birmingham.

Ferguson implied that Clattenburg had been more lenient with players in a previous game between Arsenal and Spurs.

The 68-year-old is still under a suspended two-match touchline ban following his remarks about Alan Wiley earlier in the season but will not be facing punishment after his most recent comments.

No action

The FA ruled that Ferguson did not accuse Clattenburg of bias or challenge his integrity.

"No action will be taken in relation to Sir Alex Ferguson," a spokesman confirmed.

After Fletcher's dismissal, Ferguson said that he had been "watching Mark Clattenburg this season".

"As far as I'm concerned, I've not seen a softer sending-off for a long time. It is ridiculous," he added.

"That referee did the Arsenal-Tottenham game earlier in the season and you needed to hit someone with an axe before he booked anyone in that game."

Source: skysports.com

So he still has suspended sentence hanging over him.

"There were some wonderful and weird decisions tonight."
Yeah I say The Refs are s**t now.
im surprised that he wasn't charged, they usually do.
Yeah expected him to get charged, but glad to see he didn't.
Fergie is a master at taking the media attraction off of his players and onto himself , i'm sure this is why we are getting more and more of these little comments lately when the team arent performing . He knows the reputation he carries and walks the line expertly well . The last thing the FA would want is for Fergie to stop post match interviews they need him more than he needs them
Yeah that's true he's got a knack for that.