Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabio Wants Loan Move
Fabio eyes loan move
Brazilian keen on first-team football

Manchester United defender Fabio da Silva has indicated he would jump at the chance to join Sporting Lisbon on loan.

Reports in Portugal claim Sporting are keen on signing the 19-year-old on a temporary basis as they look to bolster their squad in the summer.

Fabio, who completed his switch to United in 2008, has had less chances to shine than his twin brother, Rafael, at Old Trafford, which has restricted him to just one start in the Premier League this season.

The Fluminense product has now said he would not mind being sent on loan to Sporting to gain more first-team experience.

"If I have to be loaned out, I want it to be to Sporting," he told Abola. "Sporting are a big club, with a big tradition.

"Here in England and in Brazil, Sporting are very known and respected. Who would not like to play at Sporting? If it is to have more playing chances then there is no problem.

"The coach would like me to continue in the squad but my agent thinks I will not have many opportunities and so he has advised me to play elsewhere.

"A meeting is scheduled for the end of the season, so we can determine all that."

source: skysports.com
There we go again! Greedy agents getting involved in areas that do not concern them! Sir Alex generally knows what is right for his players. Fabio has been unlucky in that he has had a few injury problems, but what is the benefit of sending one of our players abroad for a loan spell? if he is to go on loan, it should be to another Premier league side to get experience of the pace and passion of the English top flight game.

If he is considered not good enough, then let him go permanently and use the money towards a decent central midfielder! If he is good enough, where is he going to play? Never ahead of Evra and Ritchie De Laet seems to get the nod for the bench ahead of him. Also, O'Shea is returning from injury.

A big summer bring and buy sale at Old Trafford, do you think?
Agreed , and starting from the top down .
SAF ambassador role
Van Der Sar 1 more year
Neville retire
Rio stay
Vidic stay
Evra stay
Raphael stay
Fabio sell
O'shea sell
Park stay
Nani stay
Valencia stay
Carrick sell
Fletcher stay
Hargreaves stay
Scholes retire
Giggs retire
Berbatov give away
Macheda loan
Rooney stay and new Captain
someone else can go through the rest .....
Hate it when agents turn the heads of young players grrr
(12-04-2010, 10:07 AM)Ronaldinosa Wrote: Agreed , and starting from the top down .
SAF ambassador role
Van Der Sar 1 more year
Neville retire
Rio stay
Vidic stay
Evra stay
Raphael stay
Fabio sell
O'shea sell
Park stay
Nani stay
Valencia stay
Carrick sell
Fletcher stay
Hargreaves stay
Scholes retire
Giggs retire
Berbatov give away
Macheda loan
Rooney stay and new Captain
someone else can go through the rest .....

Just 1 thing for me, if Gary Nev does retire (and he should), then we keep Fabio as cover with Ritchie De Laet. The rest, yeah, I can see the sense there.

I think Carrick has been a bigger flop than Berba, so maybe give him away, too!
I think Fabio has had a tough time with injuries. He's supposed to be the better of the two twins and he has to compete with Evra for a place in the squad. Wouldn't loan him out or sell him, would play him in the Carling Cup and the FA Cup next season and use him as back up too. Evra's nearing 30, he's been lucky to stay injury free, the rigors of the league and the upcoming world cup are bound to take a toll on Evra and other players.

Fabio will probably be more creative in midfield than Carrick :grin:
(12-04-2010, 12:01 PM)RambleOnRed Wrote: Fabio will probably be more creative in midfield than Carrick :grin:

My Mum would be more creative in midfield than Carrick and she's 75 this summer! :grin::grin::grin:
And she knows how to stand up to a midfielder Smile
Especially Michael "Don't you know who I am?" Carrick, the tree killer, lol!