Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Goal keeper of Manchester United?
How anyone could go beyond smichale is beyond me.
He was fantastic throughout his career.
The big dane was unbeatable.
(17-05-2013, 01:07 AM)themarksquared Wrote: I started being a fan of Manchester United during the Van der Sar era, so my answer will be based towards the mentioned keeper. As far as I can remember, he has countless and impossible tasks that has skyrocketed Manchester United to great success.

Same as me. I grew up in the Van der sar era so he will always be my favorite
I wonder if some of our older members would mention Alex Stepney, too? I guess that with much less media coverage in the 60s and 70s, he would be overlooked.

Garry Bailey, too, as he was one of the first flamboyant keepers, pulling off spectacular saves. Maybe some for the cameras. Although he was blamed for Arsenal's 3rd in the 1979 cup final!
Thumbs Up 
Definetly Edwin!Smile
I always had a soft spot for van der sar but smichael was clearly the greatest keeper united have ever had.
It's got to be Schmeichel for me. He had everything a goalkeeper could have. His commanding presence is something you can't train, he was just born with it. Looking back at his career with United, he's got to be one of, if not, the best of Fergie's signings.
I'd have to agree with the majority of the posts on here. My favorite goal keeper of Manchester United would have to be Van Der Sar. If the club still had this guy in net then they'd be contenders for the title again this year instead of in the middle of the table. Ronaldo would help their chances too.
Peter Schmeichel. He had great reflexes and was incredible on the line. His distribution was excellent; his arm was strong enough to allow him to start attacks on his own. And he was a leader. He is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen.
There is now a poll opened on this to start the ball rolling on the MUP XI. Join in at https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Poll-Bes...ted-Keeper