Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Goal keeper of Manchester United?
No doubt Edwin Van Der Saar. Schmeichel left the club before I started watching football and Van Der Saar has been THE United keeper for me.

He did win us a Champions League final through sheer mind games after all.
Van der Sar is a legend.
He did a good amount of great games with very hard saves, leading United to a lot of victories and he's amazing as a person!
He's definitely my favorite keeper! Smile
Peter Schmeichel was a fantastic keeper, although I sometimes think that it was more his presence than absolute ability that made him such a great keeper.
Edwin Van Der Sar would have been a United great if he had joined a couple of years earlier, why did he have those years at Fulham??? Great keeper, great vision, wish he hadn’t retired so early.
Gary Bailey was my all time favourite though. Had to cut his United career short because of a knee injury (And an insurance company dispute) and I know England had both Clemence and Shilton but for Bailey to only get 2 international caps was a travesty.

9 years and 294 appearances, fantastic keeper.
Peter shwamichel the most one
Smile 
not easy van der sar by a whisker to schmeichel:
Peter Schmeichel was one of the key players of the 90's, plus he helped Denmark win the 1992 European Championship with several great saves and was elected World's Best Goalkeeper the same year. I rest my case. He was the best goalkeeper of Man Utd.
(08-11-2013, 02:39 PM)igorrsobral Wrote: Peter Schmeichel was one of the key players of the 90's, plus he helped Denmark win the 1992 European Championship with several great saves and was elected World's Best Goalkeeper the same year. I rest my case. He was the best goalkeeper of Man Utd.

Don't know if I can completely agree with your argument.

Alan Rough was voted best goalkeeper at the 1978 world cup and he wasn;t even the best keeper at Partick Thistle.

Schmeichel was a great, an absolute great but I still preferred Bailey.
Peter Schimeikel then Edwin Ven Der Sar!

Barthez never really lived up to his name at UNITED!
No goalkeeper will ever compare to Van der Sar. He was incredible and one of the greatest goalies in the history of the club and the history of the world. Degea has huge shoes to fill!
I've heard that Schmeichel was very good but unfortunately at that time I wasn't much of a football fan. When I got to taking an interest in the game, Van der Sar was the United keeper and he outclassed every keeper in the EPL. Based on that fact, I'd say so far, he's my favorite United keeper.