Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie Not Dipping Much In Transfer Market
Fergie rules out summer spree
United manager happy with squad

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he is not planning 'wholesale buying' at the end of the season as he is happy with his squad.

The Manchester United manager decided not to bring in too many reinforcements after selling Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for £80million last summer.

Some reports have suggested that the transfer budget is earmarked to pay off part of the loans taken out by the Glazer family to complete their controversial takeover in 2005.

But club officials, including Ferguson, have insisted it is his decision alone how he wants to spend the funds available to him.

And Ferguson, who has recently tied the likes of Nani and both Da Silva twins - Rafael and Fabio - to new deals, does not believe he needs to make too many signings this summer.
Ideas

"No wholesale buying is needed as we have a very good squad that just needs tweaking here and there," he told Inside United.

"Looking at potential squad additions is an ongoing process - it is not just confined to a certain time of year - although we obviously don't reveal our plans.

"We have some ideas at the moment but not many players will be joining the club.

"In any case, I think the transfer market prices have been terribly inflated over the last year."

source: skysports.com
I Hope it is Typical SAF playing the Ninja Game. I hope he brings in a Good Creative MF and/or LW, and maybe a RB or CB. VDS isn't getting younger sadly, so a keeper should be on the list as well. I don't think we have a Striker problem as everyone says. Rooney is Class, and well Berba is Good but Debatable. The Problem I see is NO creativity or Passion out of Midfield. I really wish Carrick would be that guy, but doesn't seem like it at the Moment.
Wouldn't mind a creative mid fielder. There are actually quite a few players on the fringes of first team football and that somehow makes me think we'll end up with just one CB and one creative MF. Rafael should suffice as backup for O'Shea who was looking good before the injury.
He actually says there will be "no wholesale buying" which doesn't rule out buys. We may get our wish for a creative midfielder after all.
benzema- 20 million /neuer 12-15
if angel di mari still have a desire to play for MUFC .. Thn he is te main Target!
Fair play to Fergie for not being silly and splashing cash that could come back and haunt you guys. You're doing well, I honestly thought you wouldn't be in a title race this year. I thought 3rd would be most likely, having said that I did think city would be pushing/doing much better but that shows you money needs to be spent carefully...

Push youths through and sign players with a reputation for grafting, you've done it in the past and turned some fringe players into pretty darn good one's..
the mistake here is that you have put in the word 'not' . Obviously it should read SAF is planning wholesale buying at the end of the season .
We are crying out for another top class striker , a creative midfielder and a midfield workhorse . Ive posted a few times on these forums my wish list , but for those who arent bored of it already here goes

Sjnieder
Joe Cole
Van Der Vaart
David Villa
David Gill Hints At Further Signings For Manchester United After Javi Hernandez Capture

'Watch this space' is chief's message...
Quote:Manchester United chief executive David Gill has suggested that there will be more new faces at Old Trafford soon.

The Red Devils concluded a deal on Thursday to bring Mexican striker Javi Hernandez to the club in the summer with Fulham defender Chris Smalling also set to arrive.

There should also be some more fresh talent at the club in time for the new season, according to Gill.

"We are planning for next season," Gill told MUTV.

"We have already bought Chris Smalling from Fulham and we are very excited about him joining us in July.

"Let's see what happens. Watch this space."

Reports on Friday indicated that Valencia striker David Villa had been offered to United for £40 million.

However, it was also reported that the offer had been turned down due to the current financial situation at Old Trafford, where debt has climbed to over £700m under the ownership of the Glazer family.

Source: Goal.com - Link

Goal.com's transfer speculation isn't the most accurate, although I doubt they'll mess around with quoting people Tongue

Would rather have Yoann Gourcuff for the reported 25 million Euro over Villa, especially if Villa is valued at 40 million pounds.
actually, fergie admits his squad is not strong enough to conquer europe...

Papers: Time for change?
09/04/2010 07:43

Who will join United?
Before Manchester United's agonising Champions League exit, Sir Alex Ferguson insisted he would not be embarking on "wholesale buying" this summer. But as he sifts through the wreckage of a failed European campaign, Fergie must confront the uncomfortable truth that his current squad is simply not good enough to rule Europe. Major reconstruction is not necessary but the quarter-final exit to Bayern Munich, cruel as it was on away goals, exposed the lack of depth in United's squad and their continued over-reliance on Wayne Rooney. United need a striker, goalscoring midfielder and goalkeeper to take over from Edwin van der Sar, who turns 40 in October and is likely to play a lesser role next season, with France No.1 Hugo Lloris Fergie's preferred choice to replace him. In recent years Fergie has bemoaned United's lack of a free-scoring central midfielder in the mould of Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard, and Aston Villa's James Milner may provide the United boss with the answer. Fergie has been impressed with Milner's emergence as a central midfielder this season and his age profile - he is still only 24 - along with a value of around £20m, could see the United boss move for him. Karim Benzema's failure to make an impact at Real Madrid may yet see Fergie get the France striker at the second attempt. Valencia striker David Villa remains a target for Fergie and will be available for around £25m, but Benzema's physical strength and dynamic style may be more suited to the Premier League. "We have a very good squad that just needs tweaking here and there," said Fergie. "We have some ideas at the moment but not many players will be joining the club."
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

The Daily Express also runs a list of potential transfer targets, throwing in Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko of Wolfsburg, Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik, West Ham’s Scott Parker and Joe Cole, should he leave Chelsea.

Round up by Steve Bartram

Source: Manutd.com