Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hargreaves relishing new start
Star 
Manchester City deadline day signing Owen Hargreaves is relishing a fresh start with his new club.

The injury-plagued midfielder switched to City after making just four appearances in the last three seasons for rivals Manchester United.

Hargreaves is now looking to put the past behind him and get back to playing after signing a one-year deal at the Etihad Stadium.

Regarding his injury problems, the 30-year-old told City TV: "It's difficult for people from the outside looking in. You would think ' there's something gone wrong there, the guy's made out of glass'.

"But anybody who knows me and knows the way I play, I take it very seriously and very professional.

"So obviously I don't think everybody had all the facts and a lot of things (injuries) happened that basically I wish wouldn't of and it's just a huge learning curve for myself and I would have never have anticipated I would ever find myself in that position.

"So I'm just happy that that chapter is behind me and I'm looking forward to just playing football and having fun, having a good time, joining in with the lads and competing again.

He added: "It was my life - I missed Champions League finals, I missed World Cups, I missed so many big games that I would have loved to have been a part of.

"Its difficult when you're in it and you're trying to find a solution to these things, you seem to be not going any further forward and it was incredibly frustrating.

"So I basically spent all summer just training, proving to myself that I can work hard, that I can train and sustain the load that is demanded of a professional football player.

"I hadn't made my mind up this summer, I just wanted to train hard and then see how it felt and I didn't use an agent.

"It just kind of (happened) - I think in life you can't chase things, you've just got to let things happen and that's what it was and, you know, I'm looking forward to the future."

Source: SkySports.com