Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liverpool Could Lose Fernando Torres ... FOREVER
Tongue 
Not the most reliable source and still very much a rumor. But still brings a smile to ManUtd faces!
[Image: Rooney1-1.gif]
Quote:Liverpool May Be Forced To Sell Fernando Torres To Compete In The Champions League - Report
According to the Daily Mail, Michel Platini is close to establishing strict financial criteria clubs must meet in order to participate in the Champions League. Clubs that make consecutive losses over three seasons will be barred from the competition if the new regulations are passed by the UEFA organisation. Clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester City are also said to be in trouble as both's respective owners have been writing off their clubs huge debts. Chelsea posted a £44.4million loss last season which was their sixth consecutive season posting a massive loss. Manchester City posted losses of £92m in Sheik Mansour’s first year of ownership and could match Chelsea's record loss of £140m from 2005 in the coming years. With Liverpool posting a loss of £40.9m in 2008, the £40m sale of Torres would help offset the loss and allow the club to participate in the competition. If Chelsea, Manchester City or Liverpool have any ambitions in the Champions League, the new proposed regulations might hinder their opportunities.

[Image: fergierafa.gif]
Quote:Liverpool Could Lose Fernando Torres By Failing To Finish In Top Four - Rafael Benitez
Goal.com UK
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has admitted that the club could lose striker Fernando Torres if they fail to finish in the top four and secure Champions League football next season.

The Reds currently lie in seventh place in the Premier League, having lost seven games from their 20 so far. Despite being only four points away from the much sought after fourth spot, Benitez concedes that a failure to finish among the English elite could see 'El Nino' being sold to relieve the financial pressure.

"Finishing in the top four is the key to keeping everyone together," Benitez said, according to The Guardian.

The former Valencia boss played dodge-ball when quizzed as to whether the club would be willing to accept a £100 million offer for their prized asset, saying: "At the moment we have to do the best for the club - and the best for the club is trying to improve the squad."

But when pressed further, Benitez added: "We would have a conversation and decide what's the best for the club."
Ha ha ha great pictures mate!
yeah good news that and was expecting that but Torres wouldnt come out now and say it wait till the end of the season and see were Liverpool are Finished no Champo no torres easy as that!
Might be quite funny ehh
i think he requested to leave as his monthly bill for hubcaps was sky high
he requested all ready :O
no way
joke lad, read the post
I delight me of their misfortune. I think they have to compensate for debts they have. that's why it they have let Xabi Alonso leave, and they will also make for Torres.
Alonso was a massive mistake. Not for the rest of the PL, cos we can laugh at how they are just not competitive and that's a FACT!
yeah alanso was a super player for them!
but he aint preforming in spain i herd!