Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United Striker Dimitar Berbatov Set For Knee Surgery - Sir Alex Ferguson
Any Striker of any Calibre wont be released in January unless the holding team have a problem with him , this is increased even more in a World Cup year . Strikers prices can soar if they have a good World Cup so teams usually wait until the end of the tournament to do business
Wonder if Berbatov is gonna last past this season. Rumours that he'll be sold in the summer.
depends on who would buy him?, cant seem many clubs being interested at a decent price that we would want for him, so think we'll be stuck with him, so hope he gets some of his tottenham form back pretty quickly
Ha there's gotta be someone who would want him.
not for over £25m that we would want for him, and need! other than that we would lose too much money if we sold him for around £15m for example
We could try and loan him.
I guess that would depend on the receiving club agreeing to pay his wages? There is no capital receipt for loan, though and the club would want a return on investment.

Did that sound like I know what I'm talking about?
By the way:

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Dimitar Berbatov was not withdrawn against Burnley on Saturday because of his troublesome knee problem.

The Bulgarian international put off exploratory surgery on the knee last week after feeling no ill-effects of a full week's warm weather training in Qatar.

The Red Devils manager had confessed after the game that his £30.75million record signing was substituted on 74 minutes because of the knee complaint but he has now admitted that it was a dead leg that was troubling the striker.

However the former Tottenham frontman is still set to miss the Carling Cup semi-final first-leg against Manchester City at Eastlands on Tuesday thanks to the knock and will be assessed in training on the morning of the match.

"I thought Dimitar had got a knock on the knee," Ferguson said.

"It turned out it was a dead leg and we are having a look at that. I am hoping he will be all right but he is a doubt and we will see what he is like in the morning."

Source: skysports.com
Good to know least it's not his knee.
He scored last weekend GET OF HIS BACK about selling him...
This thread is supposed to be reporting his fitness and not whether we'll sell him or not. I guess it crosses over, but SAF has said he sees Rooney and Berba as his main pairing, so it's very unlikely that he'll go.

Maybe in the summer, but let's get on with the now!