Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United to miss out on Ozil
[Image: mesut-ozil-200x300.jpg]

Manchester United Football Club look set to miss out on Mesut Ozil.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson was non-committal when asked of his interest in the player at the weekend, it is though the Werder Bremen ace is high on his list of targets.

However, according to reports in Spain, the Reds are on the verge of missing out on the German international, who is believed to have agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona.

Although none of the involved parties have yet confirmed this move, a fee of just £10million has been mooted, which would surely be one of the bargains of the summer.

Ozil has just twelve months left on his contract with the Bundesliga club, and he is thought to have been Barca’s second choice to Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas.

Once it was established that the Spanish international was staying at the Emirates Stadium they upped their interest in Ozil, who has also been linked with Chelsea.
Yet today, according to THIS link he is on his way to OT. However United have described the entry (on their website) as a 'technical glitch'.

So, in light of the fact that we have now signed Bebe, (
Real name ~Tiago Manuel Dias Correia) it would seem highly unlikely that Ozil has been signed as well, with both players being attacking midfielders that is.
:O hope they sign him
In said in one of the daily's cant recall which one that he had always supported Barca and it would be his dream to play for them so i'm guessing barca are favourites.
Ozil is a very good player and I can understand why UNited would want him. But I don't think that United are in desperate need of another mid field player. A lot has been said of teh lack of a big name signing but realistically, there are not many players out there who are worth spending a lot on or who could add something that UNited don't already have.

In Sir Alex I trust.

(11-08-2010, 02:45 PM)manutdpeople Wrote:
[Image: mesut-ozil-200x300.jpg]

Manchester United Football Club look set to miss out on Mesut Ozil.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson was non-committal when asked of his interest in the player at the weekend, it is though the Werder Bremen ace is high on his list of targets.

However, according to reports in Spain, the Reds are on the verge of missing out on the German international, who is believed to have agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona.

Although none of the involved parties have yet confirmed this move, a fee of just £10million has been mooted, which would surely be one of the bargains of the summer.

Ozil has just twelve months left on his contract with the Bundesliga club, and he is thought to have been Barca’s second choice to Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas.

Once it was established that the Spanish international was staying at the Emirates Stadium they upped their interest in Ozil, who has also been linked with Chelsea.
(12-08-2010, 04:31 PM)Rattylad Wrote: he had always supported Barca and it would be his dream to play for them

I'm guessing that after 'CR', United will never again sign any player who :~
'has ever had', 'presently has' or even 'may sometime in the future have' ~

: A Dream :.
he is really good that sucks that he went to Real Madrid