Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Home Kit Revealed Today
The 2013-14 kit will be revealed today (Wednesday)

There have been plenty of changes already at Manchester United this summer and on Wednesday 5 June, at 12:30 BST, the club will reveal images of the new 2013/14 Nike home kit. The kit will then be available to purchase the following day, Thursday 6 June.

It’s the shirt United’s players will wear as defending champions.

There have been some leaked images on the web:-

[Image: Man-Utd-Shirt-13-14.jpg]

[Image: Man-United-201314-Home-1.png]

We will see later today.
So, the leaks were pretty accurate...

Quote:United’s new home shirt for 2013/14 takes inspiration from the club’s success and Manchester’s industrial heritage.

The kit features the return of the black collar, a popular and evocative symbol ever since Eric Cantona wore it upturned in the 1990s. This season’s tailored, button-down collar boasts three buttons at the front and one at the back, a modern twist that’s also intrinsically Mancunian.

Clean and classic, the new kit features a single shade of red, although the gingham-inspired check design that characterised last season’s shirt (and was such a feature of Manchester’s cotton mills in the 18th Century) still makes an appearance – in tonal black and grey, underneath the collar and in two side vents on the shirt’s hem.

The new home shorts are white with a thin black stripe on the hem at the back, while the socks are the customary black and feature a white stripe between two red stripes – a design that replicates the popular United bar scarves – halfway up the leg. This makes it easier for players to pick out team-mates on the pitch.

Source: manutd.com

[Image: NewKit_TBC_Wallpaper.ashx?w=1600&h=1200]
Jesus Christ, I love the look! I more of a "polo" shirt guy, and the kit exactly looks like a polo! Very nice! I'm looking forward to buy a replica of the jersey.
Yeah, great kit, it fits the modern looks of today but still has the football feeling to it.
Maybe I'll get one, for exercising. :p
Glad to see a collar back on the shirt, looks really good this year.

Why does Young keep his buttoned up right to the top though???