Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Scholes - My Favourite Man Utd Player
Star 
My favorite player of all time is Paul Scholes. This is because he is a true midfield magician, he dictates the midfield and the game is all at his feet. He can change the pace of the whole game if he wants. The way he sits in his quarter-back role and sprays 60-70 yard balls out to the wings, or finds that defense splitting through ball no one else saw coming. His role has changed now obviously because of his age, Paul Scholes is not the box to box player he once was. But he has adapted so well like no other player really has in this generation.

Paul's energy is more conserved, but his style has completely changed, he lets the younger lads do the running while he sits back like the master. I haven't eve mentioned his shot, which is one of the most deadly strikes in world football, he can score a screamer from 30 yards into the top corner, or have the composure to get round players in the box and slot it into the bottom corner. The way he manipulates the ball is a dream, he can chip, scoop or spray the ball so effortlessly, it looks like he's just doing it for fun and taking the mick. Remember his scoop over the AC Milan defense in the first leg in 2007? He has chipped many keepers with his effortless way of getting the ball in the air.

Off the field is where Paul Scholes shows his true colours, a true gentleman. He may shy away from media attention, but that's because he knows what the media are like. He just wants to play football, he's always the last person into Old Trafford on the match day, and the first person out, he just wants to play football, nothing else. Credit to him for staying out of the spotlight, he's never been in any headlines, no fuss, just gets on with it. Saying that, he does deserve all the media attention that would come his way if he was more open to it, he's the most under rated player of the Premier League generation. But Paul is too modest to want any of the attention. Some pundits recognise what he's done, most don't. But it's the players who have played with him who all pick out Scholes as a legend. In many interviews with current United players about training, they all say they want Scholes in their team, because his team always wins, it just shows the professionalism of Paul.

Man Utd will never have another player like him, he can't be replaced, and when he does go, he will be sorely missed. He can't play every game now of course because of his age, but watch him in the next game he does play, and his awareness, the way he shifts the ball, his movement to create space. It's a joy to watch, you wonder how he just did that, thanks for everything Paul, and may it continue for a while longer.

[Image: YHjCV.jpg]
Hi mate,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for that great post.

Paul Scholes is indeed a fantastic player.
Good post.

Can't disagree with anything you've said.

He is a wonderful ambassador for United & for football in general.
Yes, Scholes is one of the best Man Utd player.
spot on he's a genius - best in europe over the years
hi, a great post about a great player
Great article well written. I would say Paul is one of my favourite all time players as well, it is hard to pick a favourite for me as there have been so many outstanding players over the Years .