Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porto V Arsenal
How terrible were arsenal and that second goal tonight FAIL
The goal was hilarious, everything from picking up the back pass to the ref giving them the ball and allowing the goal.

It was another night of rubbish referees though, the bayern game was probably the worst of the two. Are the refs even held accountable? If they can ban players based on video evidence post a game they must pull refs up for such blatant mistakes too.
There no good forward to Finish !they stream forward and hit te wall and comes back XD

Cesc recived a one heck of a treatment!

they let 2 school boy goals..
I'm not so sure we should be blaming the officials wholesale. Take the Arsenal game; Once again, the referee got blamed for the 2nd goal, but what quick thinking from the Porto players, and how stupid of Campbell and notsofabianski to give the ball straight back. Campbell should have cleared it. The keeper (I think he's a keeper, cos he had a different colour top on and some gloves) should not have come off his line, either. The ref indicated it was an indirect free kick as he ran back and Porto reacted, end of story. Arsenal have themselves to blame and the sooner managers like whinger go and read the rule book, the better.

I heard about the Bayern game and the offside rule is fast becoming a joke. I don't know if there was a chance that the player is not seeking to gain an advantage or interfering with play, as I didn't see it. The game is so fast these days, but that adds to the fun. And having something to discuss or debate the next day, too.
LOL, both porto goals were fail, first fabianski, then GOAL GIVEN! GOAL GIVEN! LOL LOL LOL
epic man, rubbish ref, i always thought u know, u had to be "ready" for the kick (correct me if im wrong). was that a back pass tho? i couldnt see. crap ref, he was the referee that allowed henry's handball goal in "France vs. Ireland" ...
dood, its even worse @ bayern v fiorentina. so offside, like TOTALLY OFF! even I spotted it immediately... crappiest ref evar!
i dont think either of the refs showered themself in glory, i dont think the sending off in the bayern game was a sending off and the goal was horrific! the ref and lino will want to be swallowed up by a hole this morning!

the arsenal game was crazy too the ref offered fabregas no protection it was like watching the old leeds team kick lumps out of ppl but credit to the lad he got on with it!

the refs should be assesed on a game to game basis and how a ref that let "that handball" go is allowed to ref such a high profile game so soon after is beyond me?

as long as fifa are ran by that prick blatter football will never evolve and go forward productivly and platini at uefa the less said about him the better!
(18-02-2010, 07:41 AM)P211 Wrote: LOL, both porto goals were fail, first fabianski, then GOAL GIVEN! GOAL GIVEN! LOL LOL LOL
epic man, rubbish ref, i always thought u know, u had to be "ready" for the kick (correct me if im wrong). was that a back pass tho? i couldnt see. crap ref, he was the referee that allowed henry's handball goal in "France vs. Ireland" ...

You say that you must be ready for the free kick and then say the ref is rubbish??! How is he to blame for the gooners stupidity?

Clearly Campbell touched the ball back to the keeper. Back pass 100%. Just because he made a mistake in the Ireland V France match, where he would not have been able to see the handball, he is now to blame for the way the match went yesterday? I don't see it myself. The gooners were just naive, tbh!
i dont think the ref had a good game either i watched the second half and there were fouls that werent given and then non fouls that were, regarding the goal it was the gooners stupid fault for not holdin onto the ball and giving it them back to take the free kick even in sunday league my team wouldnt have handed the ball over for the free kick to be taken until we had more than enought cover back in the area to cope with any situation!
Simply, great quick thinking from the Porto players. If the gooners had done it, they'd all be saying how fantastic it was. No doubt.

I've even heard some idiots going on about how the ref didn't signal it was an indirect free kick! What else can it be INSIDE the penalty are?? There are no direct free kicks, as these are called penalties. Also, if you watch closely, when he blows his whistle for the foul, his arm goes straight up, anyway.

Poor old Arsenal, always losing, lol!