Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Sanchez seeks summer switch
Chilean forward keen to try his luck in England or Spain

Chilean starlet Alexis Sanchez has opened the door for a summer move to England or Spain.

The 21-year-old forward currently plies his trade in Serie A with Udinese, but harbours ambitions of testing himself in the Premier League or Primera Liga.

His talents were spotted by Udinese at a young age and they snapped him up in 2006.

He was loaned out to Colo Colo and River Plate as he continued to learn his trade, before moving to Italy in 2008.

Sanchez has continued to shine in Europe, helping to raise his profile and attract plenty of interest from afar.

Sensational

The likes of Manchester United, Liverpool,Real Madrid and Lyon are all reported to be monitoring his progress, keen to bring the exciting youngster on board.

He will get another opportunity to showcase his considerable talent at this summer's World Cupand is tipped to make a big impact in South Africa.
Should he live up to his billing that could be enough to persuade a top club from England or Spain to open their chequebook.

Sanchez said: "My agent has told me that a lot of big clubs have asked about me.

"I'm still focused on Udinese, but I have personal ambitions this summer and England and Spain are sensational leagues."

source: skysports.com
Silva admits United pull
Valencia ace wouldn't shun Old Trafford switch

Valencia star David Silva has admitted he would find it hard to turn down a move to Manchester United.

The Spain international has long been linked with a switch to England and the Old Trafford giants are thought to be keen.

Now the 24-year-old forward concedes that it would be tough to say 'no' to United.

Honour

"When you hear a club like Manchester Unitedis interested in you it is an honour," Silva is quoted by the Daily Express.

"I am very aware of the Premier League, and in recent years it has been the stand-out league in the world.

"If it came calling, especially if it was a club like Manchester United, it would be very hard to resist.

"I am happy at Valencia but every player has his price and if they get an offer they think is good business anything is possible."

Foster open to United exit
Keeper accepts he will not be picked for World Cup finals

Ben Foster fears he may have to leave Manchester United in the summer after conceding defeat in his bid to secure a place in England's World Cup squad.

The goalkeeper started the season as first choice for United due to an injury to Edwin van der Sar, but he has played only once in the Premier League since early October.

He was also overlooked for the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa in February as Sir Alex Ferguson preferred Tomasz Kuszczak, who has been providing the back-up on the bench to Van der Sar.

And, with the prospect of first-team football in the future looking bleak, Foster is aware it may be time to quit Old Trafford, with Birmingham Cityreportedly interested.

Not hanging around

"You never want to leave Manchester United," he told the Manchester Evening News. "If you leave this club you are only ever going to go down.

"But I want to be playing football. I am not interested in just hanging around and I would go if the club wanted to sell me.

"If they are happy to accept a bid then you have to read between the lines and realise you are not really needed and move on. It would not be the end of the world for me."

A lack of regular football also appears to have scuppered Foster's chances of being one of the three keepers in Fabio Capello's squad for the World Cup.

Foster played against Belarus and Brazil back in the autumn and believes his inclusion for the trip to South Africa would be unfair on England's other keepers.

"I don't think there is any chance of South Africa now," he said. "If he were to pick me it would be very unfair on some of the other goalkeepers.

"I have not played a first-team game for a good few months and some of the English lads out there like Joe Hart and Robert Green have been doing fantastic."

Krasic tempted by English move
But Bayern Munich would be Serbia star's preferred destination

Want-away CSKA Moscow winger Milos Krasic is hoping to tie up his future before this summer's World Cup.

The in-demand 25-year-old has signalled his intent to move on this summer after six years in Russia, in which he has helped CSKA win the 2005 Uefa Cup and reach this season's Champions League quarter-finals.

Krasic was named in Serbia's provisional World Cup squad on Tuesday alongside Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, and Krasic's agent Dejan Joksimovic has said he would be 'stupid' to turn down the chance to follow Vidic to England.

But the £15million-rated winger is also extremely interested in Champions League finalists Bayern Munich, where he would team up with close friend Ivica Olic, who played for CSKA from 2003 to 2007.

As Russia's domestic season runs throughout the summer, Krasic will have to take time out from his club duties to appear in the World Cup.

And rather than putting himself in the shop window in South Africa, Krasic is hoping to be sure of his next destination before he departs.

Better price

"It is possible CSKA will want to wait until after because his price might rise but Milos would prefer everything to be done before the World Cup," said Joksimovic.

"Bayern would be his first choice because his best friend is there, but the German league is also the weakest of the countries who could realistically afford him.

"I must stress, Manchester United have not been in touch, but the attraction is there because of Vidic, and in Milos' opinion the Premier League remains the best in the world.

"He would certainly be happy to test himself there. Let's be honest, you would be stupid to say no."

Krasic is thought to have turned down a move to Manchester City in January but with City having signed England World Cup hopeful Adam Johnson instead, Roberto Mancini is unlikely to launch another bid for the Serbia star.

Manchester United To Offer Anderson Plus Cash For Benfica Ace Angel Di Maria - Report

Red Devils remain keen on the Argentine wonder...

[Image: xin13208051321005316980.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United will offer attacking midfielder Anderson plus €10 million for Benfica winger Angel di Maria, according to news daily Record.

The Argentina international has long been on the radar of United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who is believed to face competition from other Premier League sides, as well as La Liga clubs, for the 22-year-old's signature.

This is the second time this season that Ferguson plots a move for Di Maria after the Scottish gaffer failed to land him in December after reportedly offering Benfica €10 million and the services of Nani.

Anderson, who joined Manchester United from FC Porto in 2007, has been strongly linked with an Old Trafford exit after an alleged bust-up with his manager and a knee injury which restricted him to just 14 league appearances.

It is believed that Benfica will turn down United's offer as they look determined to honour the €40 million released clause attached to the contract of Di Maria, who has been included in Argentina's provisional squad for the World Cup in South Africa this summer.

Mixed opinions about Anderson at United so far, hasn't performed like people expected him to, but then again our formation doesn't really allow him to play in his preferred position.

Wouldn't mind the switch, but I'd never pay 40 million for Di Maria, that would be Gary Cook type silly.
Gary Cook is a prize twat so we surely don't want to go down that road.

I agree that Ando hasn't performed at the highest level, but how much time can he be given? He is a good player and plays mostly with a smile on his face. Is that enough to keep him, though?

Di Maria would be a good buy, but then United are linked with everyone and anyone!!
Subotic not talking to United
Serbian defender in demand but yet to receive a bid

Neven Subotic's representative has dismissed reports claiming his client is in talks with Manchester United.

The Serbian defender is hot property at present, with numerous clubs believed to be tracking his availability.

He only penned a new contract with current employers Borussia Dortmund last summer but has attracted attention following an impressive 2009/10 campaign.

No official approach for his services has been made as yet, but it is expected to be only a matter of time.

Premier League giants United were believed to be among those keen to land the 21-year-old, but Subotic's manager insists that is not the case.

"We are still waiting for offers," Steven Kellytold Sport.

Rumour

"It is true many clubs are interested in Neven but for now he is only thinking about the World Cup.
"He is calm and ready to represent his country. Talk about transfers does not bother him.

"Manchester United? We have held no talks, that is just a rumour without any substance.

"I am good friends with (Sir Alex) Ferguson but that wouldn't mean anything if talks do start.

"Will they? Maybe. Steven is a Dortmund player but there is a possibility he could leave the club this summer."

Manchester United And Arsenal Set To Fight For Everton Defender Phil Jagielka - Report

Manchester United and Arsenal will compete to sign Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka in the summer.

[Image: 1392.jpg]

Quote:Gunner boss Arsene Wenger believes that the 28 -year-old would do well in a central defense partnership with Thomas Vermaelen and provide some experience for the young team.

Sir Alex Ferguson is also interested in acquiring the former England international, who can also play full-back and midfield, to boost United’s strength for next season.

Jagielka missed much of the season after suffering a severe knee injury last April and despite returning to the Toffees late in the season the defender could not find his way into Fabio Capello’s provisional England squad.

United and Arsenal could start the bidding for Jagielka at £15million but Everton manager David Moyes will not let the defender go easily.

Manchester United Looking To Make Double Swoop For Marco Borriello And Lassana Diarra - Report

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to bid a combined £36million to bring AC Milan striker Marco Borriello and Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra to Manchester United this summer.

[Image: borriellop.jpg]

[Image: lassanadiarra280x489507.jpg]

Quote:Ferguson wants to have his transfer dealing completed by the time the World Cup starts on June 11 and will offer £20m for Diarra and £16m for Borriello.

Should United complete the deal it would put the futures of Dimitar Berbatov and Owen Hargreaves at Old Trafford in jeopardy.

Boriello, who has been named to Italy’s provisional squad for the World Cup, is considered the ideal strike partner for Wayne Rooney because of his ability to play as a target man.

Diarra has disappointed since Madrid paid Portsmouth £20m for the French international and could bring United the toughness that they have been missing this season.

Source: Goal.com, Alternative Source: mirrorfootball.co.uk

So we're linked with Rodwell and Jagielka. Wouldn't be surprised if some of our summer clear-outs went the other way too ......... seems to be a trend.
wow, seriously, any player that is marginally successful this season is linked with United. We already got Chicarito and Smalling, we don't need a complete overhaul...
Yeah, no complete overhaul but at least two quality players who'll slot into the first team.

Chelsea and City will certainly spend big and will receive quite a bit of cash when they offload players. There's no way we'll be competitive if we keep signing players who are almost certain to do nothing but act as cover for what we already have. Stupid world cup year will push prices up too.
yup!
best buy b4 WC
yeah we need a few top quality signings