Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pre-season Transfer Speculation & Rumours(2010)
Manchester United Ready To Offer €23m For Real Madrid's Rafael van der Vaart

The midfielder is yet again being linked with a summer exit

[Image: vandervaartrafael.jpg]

Quote:Despite a positive season with Real Madrid under Manuel Pellegrini, Rafael van der Vaart could yet leave La Liga for the Premier League if the latest reports are to be believed.

Van der Vaart was strongly linked with an exit last summer but eventually remained with los Blancos, and a string of strong performances have raised his market value again.

AS now believes that Manchester United are willing to stump up €23 million for the Dutchman, who is highly rated by manager Sir Alex Ferguson. It is not the first time that the former Hamburg midfielder has been linked with the Premier League, as Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City have all been credited with an interest in the past.

There is little chance of the figure being greatly reduced as van der Vaart is under contract at the Bernabeu until 2013 and it is believed that he is still eager to remain at the club.

However, with no trophies to show for the €250m spending last summer, Florentino Perez is reportedly ready to splash the cash in the market again this year, starting with Inter coach Jose Mourinho. A new coach and more expensive signings could therefore put van der Vaart's place in los Merengues' squad in jeopardy.

Source: Goal.com & Caught offside.
wow, yet ANOTHER high-profile player who is linked to United. Once again, SAF said we needed a few "tweaks". All these speculations are driving me mad, like they're are getting desperate for things to talk about without the football going on...
P.S
I think SAF shoulda snapped up Villa though, he is one of the few players i actually want to join United...
sigh, fergie certainly is dishing out any cash anytime soon.
Van Der Vaart is one of the players i mentioned earlier in the season who i consider would be ideal for United . I like the way he plays and his work ethic .
lol lol lol Rafael van der Vaart available last season for cheap ... (6 million,Arsenal was intrested and RVp likes to have in arse team) coz of bad season in Real Big Grin
This season he scores some few tap-in goal .....

23 million rofl ...... real bought him for 25 ... he wount worth tat shit ....
Time for some speculation to end! Smile

Franck Ribery Extends Bayern Munich Contract Until 2015

[Image: riberyn.jpg]

Quote:According to Goal.com Germany, Ribery has recently penned a new deal which will tie him to the Bavarian outfit until 2015. The news was reported on the club's official iphone application.

Earlier reports from Bild claimed that Ribery will have his salary adjusted and could net as much as €10 million a season.

Source: Goal.com - Full story here

Sir Alex Ferguson misses out on Jack Rodwell: Everton boy wonder pens five-year deal

[Image: jackrodwell895901363.jpg]

Quote:Everton teenager Jack Rodwell is set to ignore the example of Wayne Rooney by signing a five-year contract this week that will keep him at Goodison Park.

The news is a huge blow to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who regards 19-year-old Rodwell as the next big thing in English football and a future international star.

But it will delight Goodison boss David Moyes, who lost Rooney in a £27million deal to United after he starred at Euro 2004 as an 18-year-old.
Rodwell, primarily a midfielder although he is also comfortable in the centre of defence, has been negotiating for months with Everton as United waited in the wings with a £15m bid.

He has been persuaded by Moyes that regular first-team football at Everton is what he needs for his career to progress and will see his wages increase to more than £20,000 a week.

Source: The Daily Mail - Full story here

Aston Villa's James Milner Set To Snub Manchester Move For Liverpool

[Image: de12d772ea53afb8c4cbe19.jpg]

Quote:Aston Villa midfielder James Milner is ready to reject a move to either Manchester United or Manchester City, after reportedly telling a close friend he wants to join Liverpool, according to the News of The World.

Villa rejected City's advances earlier this week, after the Citizens tabled an offer of £20 million, with manager Martin O'Neill keen to hold on to the reigning PFA Young Player of the Year.

However, sources close to Milner have reportedly told the tabloid: "Being born in Leeds, there is no way James wants to play for Manchester United.

"His preferred Premier League club in Liverpool."

With manager O'Neill linked with the post at Anfield, should Rafael Benitez leave, it would be a heavy blow for Villa to lose both their coach and star player.

Sources: Goal.com & Yahoo Sport UK

Saved the best bit of news for the end Tongue

Linked to United briefly - Information here

Ibra rules out rainy England

[Image: zlatanibrahimovic134595.jpg]

Quote:Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has insisted that he will not consider a switch to the English Premier League in the summer.

In an interview with Swedish magazine Café, Ibrahimovic stated, “England does not feel close to me. I do not like rain.”

Source: Skysports.com
Mori pleased with United link
Starlet flattered by European interest

Quote:River Plate striker Rogelio Funes Mori has stated his desire to play in the Premier League in the future.

The highly rated 19-year-old has just completed his first season as a senior player in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires, and has caught the eye of some major clubs with a series of eye-catching performances, including a hat-trick against local rivals Racing Club.

Funes Mori, who was previously on Chelsea'sradar and was offered trials at Stamford Bridge, made the move to River and played his first game in December of last year.

A hat-trick against Racing Club at the start of May has now seen him linked with Manchester United, who have already signed young Mexican striker Javier Hernandez to add to their striking riches.

Funes Mori did not deny that the opportunity to play under Sir Alex Ferguson at United was a fantastic one, but insisted he was just concentrating on his current club at the present time.

"I really don't know anything about what is being said about the chance of going to Manchester United," Funes Mori told Uno de Mendoza.

"All I know is by what is being said in the press.

"Every player dreams of having the chance to play in Europe and even more if it's in the English Premier League, but I will have to talk about this with my agent.

"At this moment I'm enjoying the chance that I've been given playing in River's first team in this championship that has just finished. And at this moment I'm enjoying my holidays."

source: skysports.com
Frey unsure of Viola future
French keeper linked with move to England

[Image: nmdyc7.jpg]

Quote:Sebastian Frey has admitted he is unsure as to whether he will stay at Fiorentina next season.

The French goalkeeper was part of the side that navigated their way to the second round of the UEFA Champions League this season, however their success in Europe has not been matched domestically this time round, with the club finishing 11th after a fourth place finish last season in Serie A.

Despite not winning proper international recognition for his exploits between the sticks that have spanned over 10 years in Italy with spells at Inter, Verona and Parma , the 30-year-old may finally move away from the country, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Juventus touted as possible destinations.

"I have spoken with Diego Della Valle (Fiorentina's owner) about my future," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I will speak again with him after the holidays.

"I have a contract until 2013 but sometimes in life, new motivations are necessary.

New challenge

"Perhaps finding new challenges doesn't necessarily mean leaving, it could

also mean that I could stay provided the team is reinforced.

"Next season we will not play in Europe and that is why we need a strong team

to be at the highest level in Serie A."

Frey confessed that he was disappointed with the reactions of their supporters when they were not succeeding in the league, stating that despite his love for the club, he was giving his future a lot of thought.

"This season I have seen things that hurt me, our fans that go 10 minutes before the end of the match for example," he added.

"I can't say whether I will go or I will remain here, but I am thinking very much. Me at Juventus? Let's speak about other things."

Pienaar doubt over future
Toffees and South African have 'differing valuations'

[Image: 161cva.jpg]

Quote:Everton star Steven Pienaar has thrown his future at Goodison Park into further doubt by revealing he is still not close to agreeing a contract extension.

Tottenham, Manchester United and the Toffees' Merseyside neighbours Liverpool have been linked with the South Africa international as he has just one year remaining on his current deal.

Pienaar has not ruled out the possibility of staying at Everton, who expect to secure Jack Rodwell on a new four-year contract on Monday, but he will not be prepared to accept a cut-price offer.

"I'd say the spirit of the discussions was very good, but we have differing valuations, so my future isn't clear," said the 28-year-old in the Daily Mail.

"Everton may keep me for the last year of my deal. If they decide to sell, and the move is correct for my career, then I'll consider it.

"Hopefully this hasn't been my last season, but who knows?"

Sebastian Frey ..... another player i said United should sign months back , damn i should be a scout
Just about anyone you care to mention is linked with the mighty Reds!