Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rio Injured For A Month
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is set to be sidelined for up to four weeks with a thigh injury.

Ferdinand played in the Community Shield earlier this month and also completed 90 minutes for England in their friendly against Holland.

He then suffered a slight tear in his thigh during training last week ahead of the Premier League opener against Birmingham.

Sir Alex Ferguson initially thought that he would only be without Ferdinand for a couple of weeks but that estimate has now been revised.

"Rio is going to be out for three to four weeks," said the United boss.

Ferdinand is therefore set to miss United's next three Premier League games as well as two England fixtures early next month

He could also be doubtful for the Manchester derby at Old Trafford on 20th September.
Vidic

There is some good news on the injury front for United though as Ferdinand's central defensive partner Nemanja Vidic is set to make his first start of the season against Wigan on Saturday, while Gary Neville is also in contention.

"Nemanja has trained with us for 10 days and he is ready for the game," said

Ferguson.

"Hopefully he will be okay by tomorrow so that is a positive piece of news.

"Gary Neville also played for 15 or 20 minutes on Wednesday night and he could be ready too so that gives us a bit of experience."

source: skysports.com
It`s got 2b clear out time,brown,oshea,neville,giggs,scholes,owen,bring on the kids.This could get "head in hands time"as the season goes on.Even saf looked tired at burnley.......he needs to let go of those players he was a father figure to,is he getting soft?.......is it time to go?
(21-08-2009, 12:17 PM)Mayored Wrote: It`s got 2b clear out time,brown,oshea,neville,giggs,scholes,owen,bring on the kids.This could get "head in hands time"as the season goes on.Even saf looked tired at burnley.......he needs to let go of those players he was a father figure to,is he getting soft?.......is it time to go?

Whoa there! Extreme actions after 1 defeat? OK, so we struggled to play as a team against the Brummies, but we are always slow startes. I'm not sure the experienced players should be binned off at this stage, as remember, they've been there and done it many times. They will know how to handle the pressure and will be able to help the kids along. There is so much they can offer, even if they are not on the pitch as much. I thought that Giggs was our best player on Wednesday and O'Shea looked reasonably comfortable, too. Brown is not exactly drawing his pension, either.

Come on people, get behind the lads, eh?

....and breathe!
Rion out for 3-4 weeks but luckily vidic will be playing in wigan match.....
(21-08-2009, 12:17 PM)Mayored Wrote: It`s got 2b clear out time,brown,oshea,neville,giggs,scholes,owen,bring on the kids.This could get "head in hands time"as the season goes on.Even saf looked tired at burnley.......he needs to let go of those players he was a father figure to,is he getting soft?.......is it time to go?

Wow this is one of the most shocking posts I have read EVER

you want FERGIE, GIGGS SCHOLES BROWN and OSHEA to go???????

thats crazy but I will agree with you in getting rid of Owen and Neville there long past it
Mayored, shut up you mug brown has alot to left in him. Scholes 2. And giggs was MoM at burnley. I dont care for owen i agree hes crap i said it when we signed him and ill never change my mind, Nevilles probably past it not sure havent seen him in a full 90match recently so doesnt hurt him staying.
And play he did! He was brilliant and saved us from a few goals. Evans if the pain is not too terrible will fill in for Rio for the interval.
Hopefully Jonny can step up to the plate as he has done before.
first vidic and now ferdinhand

are you feeling alright?
he must be drunk