Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooney - Injury Latest
Ha all good mate.
(31-03-2010, 02:58 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Who cares what the nation thinks??? All they keep banging on about is the World Cup!! Well, feck them, I say. Rooney is a Manchester United player and it is our season that is the primary concern and not what happens in 70-odd days!

I think that 4 weeks is the best we could have hoped for, when you look at the way he reacted straight after it happened. What bad timing. Time for Berba, Diouf and Kiko to step up and be counted.

Get well soon Wazza!

Hello, I actually agree with you...club before country, the hand that feeds you, comes first...my view only ok. LOL's

I, would also like to take this opportunity to thank, the person who used that 'Red View' posting of mine-as an opener for the forum's notifications.
I thought...I know that writing....THAT'S MINE!...LOL's.

I am truely humbled and honoured.

Cheers.
This was previously posted by RambleOnRed, but I've copied and pasted it here:

Sorry to dampen the mood after a good victory, but this seems to be latest bit of news coming in.

Most sites are currently getting updates on the rumor, but they're all quoting SAF, so once again its possibly true.

[Image: rooneydm1308468x304.jpg]

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson has suggested Wayne Rooney is unlikely to play any further part in Manchester United's bid for the Premier League title.

Rooney, who has recently been struggling with an ankle injury, missed United's 3-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur after picking up a groin problem in training on Thursday.

United opted not to risk the striker against Spurs and Ferguson believes it may be at least two weeks before the England international is fit again.

Ferguson will continue to monitor his top scorer's fitness, although Rooney should certainly be back in time to be part of England's World Cup campaign.

Desperate to play

"It's difficult to say," Ferguson told Sky Sports when asked if Rooney would play again this season.

"Groin injuries are groin injuries and I think it will maybe take two or three weeks to be honest with you.

"We'll try and give him every chance, obviously, and Wayne will be desperate to play himself, so we'll just have to wait and see."

Patrice Evra was forced to come off during the second half against Spurs after being sick on the pitch and Ferguson confirmed some of his players had been suffering with illness.

However, the United boss is confident that the likes of Evra will be back in rude health in time for next weekend's trip to Sunderland.
He added: "We had a bit of sickness with two or three players today, but we've got eight days to recover, so hopefully we'll be okay.

"Evra just felt it yesterday, but he felt okay to play and it just happened. Maybe the heat brought it on a little bit, it was a warm day.

"I don't know what's happened, whether it's something he ate or is something going around the place."

Source: Sky Sports

Quote:MANCHESTER, England — Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will miss the rest of the Premier League season because of a groin injury but should be fit to play for England at the World Cup in June.
Rooney had only just recovered from an ankle injury when he hurt his groin in training on Thursday.

United manager Alex Ferguson said after Saturday's 3-1 victory over Tottenham that "it might take two or three weeks" for Rooney's groin injury to heal.

While that would rule him out of United's final two Premier League matches, it should not endanger his hopes of playing in England's World Cup opener against United States on June 12

Source: Associated Press - Link

Alternative Link: Goal.com
Rooney allays injury fears
United star hoping to play in final game

England star Wayne Rooney insists there are no worries about him being fit for the World Cup finals.

The Manchester United striker provided an update on his fitness as he picked up the PFA Player of the Year award on Sunday night.

Rooney was expected to miss the rest of the season after picking up a groin injury earlier in the week, which meant he was unable to feature in United's weekend win over Tottenham.

And with the title race looking set to go to the last day of the season, Rooney insisted he was hoping to play in United's final game of the campaign against Stoke on Sunday 9th May.

"The groin will be fine for the World Cup, there are no worries about that," he said.

"I'm hoping to play for United in the last game of the season."

Rooney, who has also recently been troubled by an ankle complaint, will sit out the penultimate game of the season at Sunderland next Sunday.

His confidence that he will be able to feature in the Red Devils' last match of the season will be a boost to both club and country over the coming weeks.

source: skysports.com
To be honest, with chelski's form, we could have done with him not being rushed back for the Munich game and then staying on after he picked up that knock. I totally agree that he should have started, but common sense should have won the day and he should have come off after 20 minutes. With 2 games to go, we need 6 points AND for chelski to lose one of their games, as 4 points for them could well be enough.
Hello, I agree in part with you.' He should not have taken to the pitch' at all for the Munich game. The knock he received could have aggravated an already, obviously tired body that has also sustained a groin injury further adding more recovery time.

I firmly believe that the FA, needs to address the issue of the games and the time-table. If a survey were to be done on all the clubs' who have participated in the Premier League in this current season and with each clubs' medical team-I think one would be able to complete a statistical analysis of injuries-and the count would be high, when those squads have played the most matches within a small timeframe.

Injuries do occur, it happens however, I have taken note that some clubs play midweek as well as weekend games with perhaps only a 3 day grace for recovery....that is definitely not in the best interests of the players' and their respective employers'. One also has to contend with those who are recovering from long-term injuries-leaving perhaps a first-team squad quite depleted of their optimum players.

Hence, a club that is at the top-end of the table, could easily topple very quickly if their top-flight players are out with injuries at the most inopportune time and a mid-table standing club could easily take the Championship away.

My view only. I'd like to see games spread out so that clubs can at least get a little bit more downtime.

Cheers.
Fergie plays down Roo fears
United boss confirms striker has injured groin again

Sir Alex Ferguson has played down fears about Wayne Rooney's fitness ahead of the World Cup.

The Manchester United striker limped out of the action 13 minutes from the end of the 4-0 win over Stoke, sparking immediate fears about his health ahead of Fabio Capello's provisional squad being announced on Tuesday.

But, in confirming Rooney had aggravated a groin injury that first surfaced last month, Ferguson stressed he was not too concerned about the 24-year-old.

"He has aggravated his groin again," said Ferguson. "I don't think it is serious. I think he will be OK for England."

In spite of ending the season with a comprehensive win, Ferguson was left with a hollow feeling following Chelsea's title-clinching 8-0 win over Wigan.

But the United boss was quick to praise his rivals, saying: "We know how difficult it is to win the Premier League that's why we congratulate Carlo Ancelotti and his team; it's a terrific achievement to beat Manchester United so well done!

"All in all I am satisfied by the commitment of the players and the supporters have been great. I have got no complaints."

Ferguson admitted he was pleased with the campaign but was left with a nagging feeling of frustration about their exit from the UEFA Champions League

"The disappointment is the quarter-final tie against Bayern Munich. We should be playing in Madrid but if you don't get that little bit of luck; sometimes it goes against you and sometimes it goes for you."

Plans are already underway to bring the Premier League trophy back to Old Trafford next season.

"Losing this title makes you appreciate the achievement of winning the last three titles and having got so near we are going to try again."

But the United manager would not be drawn on whether there would be new arrivals in the summer.

"We've got ideas. We have got to look at the structure of the club. We have got a lot of youth, we have got young players improving, we have got a good strong squad but we will be looking to do one or two things," he added.

Because of Rooney's injury, many people think that rooney leaves United but without he we not only lose skill but we lose his mentality not many players can lift a crowd like he can.
Fergie plays down Rooney fears
Star striker 'relaxing on holiday' in the Caribbean

[Image: 2cpdtz6.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists that there is no need to worry about the fitness and confidence of Wayne Rooney.

The striker was expected to take this summer's World Cup by storm following an excellent 2009/10 campaign at club level.

However, Rooney failed to score in South Africa and looked a shadow of his normal self as England were dumped out of the finals at the last-16 stage by Germany.

Reports have suggested that Ferguson has handed Rooney an extended holiday in order to recover physically and psychologically.

But the United boss is quoted as saying in The Mail on Sunday: "There is nothing wrong with the lad or his fitness.

"He's relaxing on holiday in Barbados and I expect him to come back refreshed for the new season."