Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooney fired up by fear of Fergie
Wayne Rooney revealed that the fear of a rollicking from Sir Alex Ferguson inspired him to drive Manchester United to a dramatic 3-1 win at Hull City on Sunday.

After Arsenal had gambled on the fitness of Cesc Fabregas, who led a 3-0 victory over Aston Villa before limping off injured again, Rooney gave the ball away to start a move that led to Hull ’s equaliser.

But the striker, who had already scored his team ’s first goal, recovered to set up two late strikes which took United to within two points of league leaders Chelsea.

Rooney said: ‘It wasn’t a nice feeling when I made the mistake and I was certainly scared of what the manager might say. Thankfully, we managed to recover and get the goals we needed to win. ’

With Chelsea drawing at Birmingham on Saturday, United made hard work of victory against a spirited Hull team but are now in a good position ahead of Wednesday ’s home game against Wigan.

Rooney added: ‘It’s a mad league. But it’s exciting to be part of it.’

Ferguson gave Rooney the captain ’s armband after Ryan Giggs came off in the second half and he paid tribute to his most valuable player.

The United manager said: ‘The mistake was Rooney’s only bad moment. He was exceptional today. He has that desire. He is a natural winner and has that great determination to do well. He would have been hurt by the mistake but he more than rectified it.

‘This is a crucial period for us now but we have two of our centre backs fit again and we are looking better.’

Source: Daily mail
I would be fired up and fearing SAF if I gave one away like Rooney did![/u]
rooney has to be our most inform player this season, he is starting to form a good partnership with berba aswell which is great to see
haha he better not get in a run of bad form like the leeds game!
im sure he wont. the best players bounce back and he is one of the best players in the world
Well said.
yea he should bag one against birmingham on sat
One im hoping for a hat rick.! that would set him up for the golden boot ehh
yea would be great to see him getting golden boot
boost him confedence for the world cup! love the see the english do well Smile
well thats understandable as you support an english club