Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumour Mill Working Overtime!!!
(23-04-2010, 06:22 AM)Storm1 Wrote:
(23-04-2010, 04:34 AM)Storm1 Wrote: Hello Gentlemen,

I hope you dont mind...a change from the 'Tacky' to the 'Tact'.

I am not sure if this is a rumour, perhaps somebody might know...I heard that Sky Sport has been ordered by Offcom to sell channels at wholesale discount to competitors-and the Premier League along with Sky are both appealing this decision-If it is true and the appeals are set aside, it will be great news for the viewing consumer and bad news for Premier League clubs-for example TV money goes towards buying new players...

Does anyone know about this at all?...I saw this article on yahoo.eurosport, I think.

Cheers.

Hi again, I would like to add the article from Yahoo! EuroSport that I spoke about above...it can be found at:

http://www.whathifi.com/News/UPDATED-Pre...ainst-Sky/

Hey Storm1. Great to see you getting really involved, btw.

This story is true. There are not really any details on cost, reductions and potential effects on the TV money to clubs, but it makes sense to allow competition. It costs a small fortune to subscribe to Sky, where as I get ESPN free (including HD) with the Virgin cable package. No balance there, so I congratulate OFFCOM.
(23-04-2010, 06:38 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote:
(23-04-2010, 06:22 AM)Storm1 Wrote:
(23-04-2010, 04:34 AM)Storm1 Wrote: Hello Gentlemen,

I hope you dont mind...a change from the 'Tacky' to the 'Tact'.

I am not sure if this is a rumour, perhaps somebody might know...I heard that Sky Sport has been ordered by Offcom to sell channels at wholesale discount to competitors-and the Premier League along with Sky are both appealing this decision-If it is true and the appeals are set aside, it will be great news for the viewing consumer and bad news for Premier League clubs-for example TV money goes towards buying new players...

Does anyone know about this at all?...I saw this article on yahoo.eurosport, I think.

Cheers.

Hi again, I would like to add the article from Yahoo! EuroSport that I spoke about above...it can be found at:

http://www.whathifi.com/News/UPDATED-Pre...ainst-Sky/

Hey Storm1. Great to see you getting really involved, btw.

This story is true. There are not really any details on cost, reductions and potential effects on the TV money to clubs, but it makes sense to allow competition. It costs a small fortune to subscribe to Sky, where as I get ESPN free (including HD) with the Virgin cable package. No balance there, so I congratulate OFFCOM.

Hello nou,

Thank-you for the confirmation. We also here in New Zealand have 2 rival telecommunications companies as well as 2 rival cable television companies as well...and I totally agree with you "it makes sense to allow competition", for the viewing consumer.

Our packages include:MySky HDI/Telecom-Phone and Internet Broadband of which I subscribe to this package...."small fortune" is an understatement nou..Lol's-but it is of value to me for all sports, movies etc and the internet, so that I can communicate with you via text upon a computer screen and for my University work, e-mailing etc.

With ESPN, which is our channel 34, we get to watch LIVE Serie A and La Liga futbol and channel 31 all Premier League matches LIVE and with MySky HDI....I get to record the channels if two games are broadcast at the same time...and playback later at my pleasure, the match I did'nt get to see...and a bonus is, I can push fastforward on my remote to dispense quickly all TV ads...back to the game in a flash.

I guess it will be a wait and see what the consumer watchdog and all and sundry have to say and decide upon-Many clubs, I suspect will most definitely feel the financial pinch....so in fairness, it is a natural step for them to appeal Ofcom's directive.

Cheers. Smile