Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir Alex Ferguson: Lack Of Talent, Not Lack Of Cash Affecting Manchester United Trans
Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United still have a licence to spend big cash, despite the club's massive debts.

It is little secret that United's finances are not in great shape, though no-one at the club or the Glazer family have commented on claims they are seeking to refinance £175million worth of payment-in-kind notes that are currently attracting 14.25% interest by launching a bond issue totalling £600million.

The Old Trafford club received £80million in the summer from Real Madrid for star player Cristiano Ronaldo, but have only spent a quarter of it.

Ferguson told the Daily Express: “We have got the money. There is no question about that.

“I just don’t see that player who can make a difference for us in terms of value or ability.”

The Scot said new arrival Mame Biram Diouf may be the only new face United fans see in the January transfer window.

“That is still the case. I could never see any real diamonds. Now and again you get one.

“We struck lucky with Vidic and Evra. They turned out terrific players but it took them time to adjust.

“We bought Louis Saha during the window. He was a marvellous player but he got a lot of injuries. We also bought Andy Cole.

“These have been success stories for us.

“But you can’t guarantee that in January.

“And when you are looking for players to play in Europe you are limited still further because of other teams’ involvement in Europe. You can never be certain.”

Source: Goal.com
I understant tat there is no use in buying players who can't participate in the champ lge, but personally I think the glazers just want him to invest it wisely , obertan was a great signing and opefully diouf will be to , see need more youngsters who will stay for a long time.
exactly hes right bought there being no point in buying someone who play in the cl
yeah they would be a waste of money and you would find it harder because every team wants to preform in the CL
exactly, i would wait till summer and have a massive clear out and bring in new faces
There are threads that seem to be overlapping, now. Are there too many that are too close and then split out the posts?

But yeah, new faces are needed, but a centre half on loan would be better than nothing, I think.