Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stoke v United- Views Folks
well another defeat for us-8 this season so far and 4th place getting further away.
A lot made of why the manager brought Welbeck on instead of Fletcher, and also the fact we lost 2 central defenders and didn't have any on the bench, ok Rafa came on and Smalling was able to be moved in. but we look dodgy at the back-every time teams come at us. Evra was poor today-not a problem going forward-but he's a defender!!! Sad
whats your views folks!??
Frustrating for two main reasons.

First one is as a moderator. I am getting fed up of the moaning about the streams that is constant these days. I wish I could just go full screen and ignore it, but I have a duty to observe the posts.

Second was there was actually more passion in those moans than on the pitch. United are definitely in transition, having won a poor league with a team coming to the end of it's time. Sir Alex and David Gill leaving hurt United, of course, but as Sir Alex says in his latest biog, rebuilding takes time and he didn't have it.

Is Moyes the right man? Only history will tell us that. We are not really qualified to judge him, but certainly have the right to voice an opinion.

Only a massive clear out and re-shuffle will sort the issues out. The back 4 needs a massive overhaul. Vidic and Rio are too old, Evra's heart doesn't seem to be in it and Smalling and Evans are inconsistent.

The midfield is shaping up, but there is dead wood there. Young has not lived up to his promise. Not sure about Nani under Moyes, as he hasn't had games. The future is bright with Januzai and possibly Zaha.

Up front, we'll be OK for a while with Mata, RVP, Kagawa, Rooney and Chicharito as options. Welbeck maybe on his way?

I want to see a return to basics. Pass to your team mate. To feet, if possible. Look to move the ball forward, but keep it away from the opposition.

Lastly, look to create chances. Goals will come.

I remember the late 70s onwards. I don't want United to become a cup side only, as nice as the Wembley days out are.
(01-02-2014, 06:46 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Frustrating for two main reasons.

First one is as a moderator. I am getting fed up of the moaning about the streams that is constant these days. I wish I could just go full screen and ignore it, but I have a duty to observe the posts.

Second was there was actually more passion in those moans than on the pitch. United are definitely in transition, having won a poor league with a team coming to the end of it's time. Sir Alex and David Gill leaving hurt United, of course, but as Sir Alex says in his latest biog, rebuilding takes time and he didn't have it.

Is Moyes the right man? Only history will tell us that. We are not really qualified to judge him, but certainly have the right to voice an opinion.

Only a massive clear out and re-shuffle will sort the issues out. The back 4 needs a massive overhaul. Vidic and Rio are too old, Evra's heart doesn't seem to be in it and Smalling and Evans are inconsistent.

The midfield is shaping up, but there is dead wood there. Young has not lived up to his promise. Not sure about Nani under Moyes, as he hasn't had games. The future is bright with Januzai and possibly Zaha.

Up front, we'll be OK for a while with Mata, RVP, Kagawa, Rooney and Chicharito as options. Welbeck maybe on his way?

I want to see a return to basics. Pass to your team mate. To feet, if possible. Look to move the ball forward, but keep it away from the opposition.

Lastly, look to create chances. Goals will come.

I remember the late 70s onwards. I don't want United to become a cup side only, as nice as the Wembley days out are.

surely people aren't moaning about the streams!? what do they want!? your getting to see United play in decent quality-compared to some of those other advert/virus filled links!!!

onto the more important issue with our beloved team-I just think this season we're going to have to grin and bare it-much easier said than done I know especially with the other teams including our 2 most hated enemies Scumpool and Chity so far ahead of us (heres hoping the scum fall away) as for City hate to say it-but they are playing some fantastic football at the moment and scoring for fun!!
David Moyes knows what is needed, and will rectify those issues in the summer, I'm just worried if we don't make the top 4 will players that we want still be keen to join us!! Sad
United need to spend and spend big-the team hasn't had major investment in years!!! Sir Alex got the very best out of most if not all the players-and I believe the players have let Moyes down big time so far this season.
we need a leader on the pitch-we have never replaced Roy Keane-I want to see passion,players getting angry with each other-start showing the fans that they do actually care!!!!!
The Bitters are are playing superb football, and have no real need to improve their squad. We can always hope that the players' egos there get in the way and they have a massive meltdown!

As For United, even if we do finish outside the top 4, I think the name and the history will be enough to attract the right players to Old Trafford. If DM can show a clear and precise plan to these players, to be a part of something very special - a whole new era - then I think there should be no real problems.

Agree that leadership and passion is missing. A bit of fire in the belly. Get someone out there to give them all a earful when it isn't going right, but also someone who knows how to give credit and encouragement when it is going well.

We don't want a bully, lol.

We will come out of this. BELIEVE!
100% agree-we Defo don't need a Bully, just someone to grab the game by the throat and show us fans the passion we all want to see!!!

I hope your right about top players still wanting to come and be part of our great history-I know their not all in it and driven by just money!!!!

I'll never stop believing but like all the other United fans it just hurts so much seeing what we're currently going through!!
Roll on Sunday-Fulham in Rene's words are "Rock Bottom" hopefully we can go out and put in a good performance score a few goals, (please God let us beat The bottom club-lol) and lift our confidence up again!!!!

GGMU ❤️