3Wayne Rooney
4George Best
5Eric Cantona
6Bobby Charlton

7Peter Shmeichel
8Ruud Van Nistelrooy
9Robin Van Persie
1David Beckham

Had a look on-line at a top 10 site and they have listed the top 10 united players ever as:

Now, don’t get me wrong, they are all good players, but can’t help feeling the list was put together by a 19 year old.

My United top 10 (Not necessarily in order)
George Best
Eric Cantona
Steve Bruce
Denis Law
Bobby Charlton
Nobby Stiles
Ryan Giggs
Brian McClair
Mark Hughes
Paul Scholes

I was too young to see Law, Best, Charlton and Stiles but I am basing this on DVD’s and videos since I was a child. Also way too young to know of Duncan Edwards or Tommy Taylor so I ignorantly leave them off the list.
The list you made isn't even close to what I would have put. Putting Scholes and Giggs above Rooney and Ronaldo is extremely wrong. I agree mostly with the top 10 you found online
I would however put george best higher than wayne rooney and gigs for sure.
Hmmm, not sure you get the concept of the top ten.

Not for a moment am I stating that this is the final list and that I have decided who the best are, there are dozens of players I could have added and dropped.

For my case, I would say the longevity and commitment shown by Scholes and Giggs automatically puts them above Ronaldo (Rooney has yet to decide his long term), and the list I found on-line is ridiculous, there is no way in the world that Ronaldo can be described as the best ever United player.
Does commitment really make them a great player? There are players who are far better than them who were only at the club for a few seasons, does that not make them a great asset?