Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tosic Joins Cologne On Loan
Saw this yesterday...

Manchester United have allowed Zoran Tosic to join Bundesliga side Cologne on loan until the end of the season.

The winger has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford since arriving from Partizan Belgrade in January 2009 in a double swoop that included Adem Ljajic, although the Red Devils cancelled the Ljajic deal last month.

The 22-year-old played just 34 minutes of football in all competitions for United last term while this season has seen him fare little better having made just two substitute appearances in the Carling Cup all campaign.

Many believe that the loan move will spell the end of the Serbia international's future at the Theatre of Dreams, but Tosic is determined to return.

"I don't believe I have had my final say at Manchester United," he said.

"Hopefully my performances with Cologne will be my ticket back to Old Trafford."

Cologne currently occupy 13th place in the German top flight and find themselves just four points off the relegation places.

Size: skysports.com

Another United fringe player who would do well to learn a little more and bulk up.
Cologne's loan signing Zoran Tosic is relishing the prospect of first-team football ahead of this summer's World Cup finals.

The Serbia international has been loaned out by Manchester United in a bid to accrue additional first-team experience.

The 22-year-old prospect has made just two substitute Carling Cup appearances for United this season under manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Tosic knows he must be playing to ensure he makes the plane to South Africa this summer and believes Germany's top flight will suit his football.

"The Bundesliga is a strong competition, but not as strong a league as the Premier League," he told Kicker.

"The tempo of the game is not as high so it may be a lot easier for me.

"Generally I am ready. I am hoping to make a good impression in training and help the club in their upcoming matches.

"It's obvious that I am hoping to get more regular first-team experience than I was getting at Manchester United, as I need to be ready for this summer's World Cup finals."

Source: skysports.com
Yeah was likely of him to go out on loan.
i wish him to prove his best Smile

I'm hijacking your post, as this thread is closed. There is a thread in the reserves section that we can use to update on Tosic. Please see:
https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Zoran-Tosic--1106

For full transfer round up, see:
https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-UNITED-T...w-Round-Up

Thanks, noucamp99