Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Agree to Sign Chicharito
Thumbs Up 
Subject to a work permit, the deal for the Chivas forward will be completed on July 1. 'Chicharito', as he is known, will become the first Mexican player to sign for United.

As part of the deal, United will play a match to open the new 45,000 capacity Chivas Stadium in Guadalajara this summer. Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country.

"We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."

Chicharito passed a medical in Manchester this week and has an impressive strike-rate at club level, scoring almost once every two games. However, he has done even better for his country, with four goals in four appearances, making him a contender for the World Cup.

[Image: 11iz3nl.jpg]

Picture: Getty Images
Source: telegraph.co.uk
Big Grin You beat me to it!

Happy to see a new face, although a proven on the big stage striker is something I'd like to see too.
WC WC Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjg06sHnDwA

Hope he plays well and fights for te Place in starting 11 Smile

green eye ... 'Chicharito'-means ---------- green peas Big Grin
Looks good. Seems to be two footed. Hope he can make it.
reminds me of higuan
Kasaki your signature scares me haha.I hear he has beeing said to be Mexico's new pride and joy Smile
lol why does it scare u ?
I don't no haha is it just me or is it fake looking and ugly haha
1st interview with the new signing...

How does it feel to have signed for United?
It’s a dream and I feel so happy. I’ve really enjoyed my week in Manchester – the stadium, the atmosphere at the club and the history are incredible and I want to do great things here.

You were at the game against Bayern – what did you make of the experience?
I felt a lot of things and, as I said, I’m living a dream. The atmosphere was incredible with all the fans singing. It was fantastic to see.

You’ve met Sir Alex – what are your impressions of the manager?
He is a great person and probably the best coach of all time. All my impressions of the team, the club and the city are incredible.

Your family must be very excited at the prospect of you playing for the Reds…
Yes, they are. My family are my biggest supporters and have been there with me through the good and the bad times, so they’re very pleased.

United are playing in Mexico this summer – what reception can the team expect?
The best. In our country Manchester United are the top team and the reception they will get will be fabulous.

Source: manutd.com
From another part of the forum by RambleOnRed:

(08-04-2010, 05:19 PM)RambleOnRed Wrote: Looks like we have a new player people!

Wiki says,

Quote:Javier Hernández Balcazar (born June 1, 1988), also known as Chicharito (little pea), is a Mexican footballer who plays as a forward for Chivas de Guadalajara. Hernández will join Manchester United on July 1, 2010, subject to a work permit being granted.

Full name: Javier Hernández Balcazar
Date of birth: June 1, 1988 (age 21)
Place of birth: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 71⁄2 in)
Playing position: Forward

Source: Skysports - Link

Quote:
Manchester United have confirmed they have agreed an undisclosed fee with Chivas de Guadalajara to sign Mexican Javier Hernandez.

[Image: JavierHernandez_2440465.jpg]

The 21-year-old striker, who passed a medical in Manchester this week, will join subject to a successful work permit application.

Hernandez will be the second new face at Old Trafford next season, with the Red Devils having already agreed a deal for Fulham defender Chris Smalling.
The striker, who is better known as 'Chicharito' - meaning Little Pea - has scored four goals in four friendly appearances for El Tri.

As part of the deal United will play a match to open the new Chivas Stadium which has been included in next term's pre-season preparations.

Great addition

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is excited the Mexican starlet is joining as he believes the striker is an excellent prospect.

He told club's official website: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country.

"He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer.

"We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."