Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
United Moving Closer To Signing Costa
United are moving closer to signing Douglas Costa, the highly rated Brazil Under-20 midfield player, from Grêmio.

The Brazilian club are holding out for about £20 million — close to the release clause stated in the player’s contract — but United are reluctant to pay that much and hope that a compromise can be reached shortly.

United initially wanted to take Douglas, 18, on a three-week trial, but while that request was rejected by Grêmio, negotiations over a permanent deal are continuing.

Douglas would be United’s fourth signing of the summer after Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan, with senior sources at the club insisting that they have no interest in buying Samuel Eto’o, the Barcelona striker.
Sounds like a great prospect but doubt it will happen as today Fergie ruled out signing any new players
I think we have some really good midfielders already?
It is upfront we should be looking at?
We have just let a brazilian midfielder(Possebon)go out on loan?
Having said that i would rather we did sign someone rather than no one at all?
Yeah, I know what you are saying but I think that Possebon is loaned out for experience so he can play in the first team next year rather than not being wanted.
this guy looks fantastic. Check out his high lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZPye-oSqY
He looks very good and seems to be very quick and direct with decent strength. I think Fergie should try and definitely get a trial though even if it is for a few days but I think Gremio will be stubbors as has already been proved.
looks like a decent player, hope SAF buys him.
Manchester Utd need an established Attacking Midfielder to partner Carrick. Sneijder perhaps? Costa coming in would be too similar to Ando and may prove problematic in developing them both.
Hmmmmm Akz I can see what you are saying but I think Costa is kinda different to Anderson because Ferguson seems to play Anderson as a holding player rather than an attacking one.
Cool I hope we get him the more players we get the more better we are yeah I can wacth Manchester Unitd now.