Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Ready For Pogba Fight
Manchester United have vowed to challenge any case brought against them regarding their dealings with Paul Pogba.

The Red Devils saw Premier League rivals Chelsea handed an 18-month transfer embargo on Thursday after they were deemed to have broken Fifa regulations.

The charge related to their acquisition of French youngster Gael Kakuta from Lens in 2007.

United could be the next side in the firing line, with Ligue 2 outfit Le Havre threatening to report them to Fifa.

They are unhappy at the manner in which Sir Alex Ferguson's men went about their pursuit of teenage star Pogba.

United, however, insist they have done nothing wrong, despite the player yet to be officially registered at Old Trafford.

"It is complete nonsense," a spokesman for United said.

"Everything has been done within Uefa guidelines."
Le Havre managing director Alain Belsoeur disagrees and claims to have documentation proving United offered Pogba incentives to join the club.

"We are still pursuing our case," Belsoeur told The Times.

"It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

"We spend 5million euros [about £4.3million] on our academy every year out of a turnover of 12million euros. It is a huge investment.

"We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others.

"What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from Fifa to protect the education system."
There is high chance that we might follow Chelsea and get ourselves a transfer ban. I don't see how we'll be able to cope with Real Madrid or Barcelona or even the Italian teams if we do. Not to mention the loss of merchandising revenue. It'll be very detrimental indeed. Don't you think so?
it will be very hard to keep up our high standards but evn harder for chelsea's aging squad
Maybe it could be good our squad is younger than Chelsea's so they can gel also we could make major profit to help clear the clubs debt.
whats the latest on this iheard that theres nothinng happening to us
Last I saw was in the papers last week and said no official approach had been made to UEFA or FIFA. Having said that, I think Sky Sports reported that Le Havre did want United punished. Most press sites on the internet say still no official complaint has been made.
I think our academy set up will prove a great bonus if we are caught up in this mess. Having said that, I am confident that if we are reported, we will be treated differently to Chelski, as they have been accused many times of this. Another case that springs to mind? One John Obi-Mikel.
yea sure the ashley cole transfer was dodgy too and them three youngsters from leeds that ken bates went mental about, the long and short of ot os that chelski have been at this for years and only now theyv got what they deserved
I see on the BBC that United are considering suing Le Havre now! There is also a piece on Sky Sports that says:

"In response to the wholly unfounded comments widely reported in the media of Le Havre AC President, Jean-Pierre Louvel, Manchester United wish to categorically confirm that as a matter of club policy and in accordance with the applicable football regulations, we do not offer inducements to the parents of players who sign for the club such as monetary payments or the purchase of houses," said United in a statement.

"Manchester United have today written to Le Havre AC to put it on notice that action will be taken if such allegations are repeated in relation to the transfer of Paul Pogba.

"Manchester United is entirely satisfied that the transfer of Paul Pogba has been conducted in accordance with the regulations set down by the world governing body, Fifa.

"Manchester United is ready to defend any claim brought against it by Le Havre at Fifa.

"It is to be noted that all contractual documentation relating to the player's registration with the club has already been fully ratified by the Football Association and the Premier League."

source: www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5542885,00.html

I see on there that now citeh have been reported by Rennes. This is getting interesting.

www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5543626,00.html
yea looks like theres nothing to uniteds story at all
I hope so, but if they can bring chelski or citeh down a peg or 2, then that's be great. Especially Judas Kenyon and his crony, the village idiot.