Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
United Sign Valencia
(30-06-2009, 11:03 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has completed the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23 year-old Ecuador international has played 34 times for his country, scoring four goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said:

"Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan. I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

Antonio Valencia said:

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can’t wait to get started."

very good signing
Was impressed with him when he came on in the derby. He stretched the play well and gave us some much needed width on the right hand side.
viva valenica
Valencia is awesome.
loking dodgy at the moment
A little. He needs a confidence boos, as does Nani, I think. Remember, he isn't a replacement for Ronny and changes the team dynamic. I do wish, though, that he'd take on the full backs a little more. Great crosser of the ball, though.
Great buy think he will really come into his own 2010/2011 season.
he can make/rememberd by his own name....
united's-Valencia