Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valencia Will Choose Between United And Madrid This Week
Wigan Athletic winger Antonio Valencia will return from holiday on Friday and decide whether to join Manchester United or Real Madrid.

Latics chairman Dave Whelan confirmed he has received 'acceptable' offers for the Ecuador international but no talks have been held yet.

'United and Real Madrid both know he is away,' said Whelan. 'We can't do anything until he gets back. Where he goes is entirely up to him.

'It's no good me saying he is going to Manchester United because he is the boss and we'll be listening to what he says. We have had offers that are acceptable to Wigan Athletic, around the £14-18 million mark but what we will finish up with eventually I don't know.

'One club could offer £2 million more than the other but if Antonio says he doesn't want to go there then there is no point. We can't tell him where he wants to go. If he wants to go, we've always promised him he can go but if he wants to stay, then he'll stay.

'I think he is an outstanding player and he would fit in at either Manchester United or Real Madrid. There is no doubt that he will end up at one of those clubs – it's just a case of which one he wants to end up at.'
Expect things to start happening in the next few days i would say?Sir Alex was back in the office on Weds and defo next week?.We all need a lift after Rome and it feels like weve had two more knocks losing two of our best players?.Cant wait to see who does sign and get the season started!!