Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vidic happy at united!!
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has played down lingering speculation that he is open to a move away from Old Trafford.

The Serbian has spoken out after recent comments credited to his agent Paolo Fabbri claimed he was angling after a move to Barcelona.

Vidic, who was one of United's key players in their Premier League title defence last season, made his first start of the new term in Saturday's 5-0 win over Wigan after recovering from injury.

"I've never said anything about Barcelona or Real Madrid or AC Milan - or any club," he said.

"I never speak about my future so I don't know why someone else does. I showed at Wigan on the pitch how happy I am at this club.

"Any fan of United only has to see how I played to know how committed I am. I spoke with my agent about this and what he said. I know about all the rumours about me but I don't want it to have an impact on the club.

"It's not a good time for my club to be hearing those rumours," added the 27-year-old in reference to the summer departures of Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Vidic also dismissed reports his wife, Ana, has not settled in Manchester.

"It's not true that my wife is not happy," he continued. "I don't know how that rumour came out, she's not what you'd call a famous wife. She's never spoken to a newspaper."

source: skysports.com
Oh happy days! One of the most important members of the squad, as he adds the spine to the middle of the team. it would have been a major blow to lose him, especially this early/late (?) in the season. How could SAF be expected to find a top class replacement in such a short time.
Well done Vidic for quashing the rumours. Now stay until the end of your career!!!
Good news, didn't think he wanted to leave !
yeah but not sure about his wife
yea he is going to stay hes a great player and it's great to have him

once his unhappy wife doesn't convince him to move anyway
if i was him id tell the wife to f**k off.
Oh My God
Haha... hopefully he stays on till the end of his contract...
Andy I think you should be his agent!
ha ha , i dont think he will ever leave to be honest