Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Nani?
Nani only recently signed a contract extension with the club and I was pretty excited about it thanks to his return to form at the end of last season. Since, then he has played only sparingly with Valencia returning to form and Moyes giving more chances to Januzaj and Kagawa on the other side of the park.

What do you think is next for me? Was the contract a way to increase his price before selling him in winter?
Although Nani is not as good as he used to be, he's still a great player for United, and should be kept in the team in my opinion, but the contract, as you said, it's probably a way to make him more valuable before selling him.
I really like to see Nani playing and I'll be very sad if he leaves us. Sad
Nani is frustrated and feels undermined just like Evra has the past couple of years.

I for one will not be sad when he leaves although he was a great player over the years.
(21-11-2013, 12:15 AM)jonnypop Wrote: Nani is frustrated and feels undermined just like Evra has the past couple of years.

I for one will not be sad when he leaves although he was a great player over the years.

I don't think Evra feels undermines. It's obvious that the club is looking to replace him but unlike Nani he's still a very important part of the team and a sure starter in big matches. Nani though hasn't even played in a while.
It's hard to say if Nani has simply lost a step because of his age or it could just be a matter of confidence. Perhaps he needs a good setup man to boost his numbers a bit. He sure is a talented player still so maybe that's all that's required. Add a player to the midfield who can spark some chemistry, Nani will pop in a few, Moyes will be forced to play him more often and Nani will return to his old form.