Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we see referee's?
Just heard a good phone-in on Talk Sport. After another round of contencious decisions we hear from the managers and player's about certain decisions that have influenced the result, but we never hear from the man who gave the decision. If he explained the reasons for his decision this would go someway to understanding the situation. I do not envy referee's as they have a very hard job to do. In any walk of life, if you make an important decision you will always be asked to give your reasons. Why should referee's be any different?
because there wrong most the time
It's a tough job and the referees get one shot at it. We are spoiled by having 30-odd cameras analyse every kick and trip from an seemingly infinite amount of angles. Add to that the new computer-generated systems that can then rotate a screenshot through any angle and their job is nigh on impossible to get right.

I don't agree that they have to justify themselves for decisions they have got what the public view as wrong once Sky, ESPN or the BBC and ITV have dissected it a million times. If you make a mistake at work, is that discussed in front of millions of people, photographed for the national press and then set up as the blame for your whole company's failure to secure major funding or national prize winning (such as the Queen's award, etc.)? I very much doubt it.

so while it is hard to take that referees are only human and like you and I, make mistakes, there really can be no reason to pin the blame solely on them and ask them to stand in front of a camera to explain themselves.

I would suggest that the area that needs to be addressed is the area of professional players constantly cheating. All those players that dive to win free kicks and penalties; those players that wave the imaginary card in front of the ref to urge for a booking; the 'innocent' look and gestures of those that KNOW they have committed a foul; those 'accidental' handballs that players insist were just that; even claiming for a throw or corner when they KNOW they touched it last.

Show me a player who says he has never cheated and I'll show you a liar!

I'll get off my soapbox now, lol.

And yes, I referee, although only at mini soccer level!!
True about cheating. Just getting corners, freekicks and penalties can greatly change the game. Remember Man Utd v. Arsenal a season back? Ronaldo dived like 40 yards from goal, got the freekick, and scored. At first I was really happy, but then after some time has passed and I watch the replay again I found it really unfair. Referee's piss me off as well, refs these days, in the Prem and the CL, make so many offside mistakes that leads to goals. The one against Chelsea was clearly offside. Also, sometimes the players put pressure on the ref to give out a card or whatever, and I don't like the way they influence the refs to their advantage. Against Bayern is a good example, when Rafael got sent off. I'm just saying.

Right, thats enough for me now...
Video technology is the only bloody way to sort it sepp blatter and platini are holding football back
Really...
But sorry there are always cheating in any games and where we will go..
Noucamp is not a referee at mini soccer level ................. hes retired !!!

Even managers arent allowed to approach referees directly after a match , i think they have to wait fifteen minutes before they are allowed to request to speak to the official .

I cant see any purpose in making refs explain themselves after a match , after all none of it will ever be positive will it . We dont get David James on after a match to explain why hes dropped his latest clanger , only ever if hes done something well .

As Noucamp said refs are always on a hiding to nothing with all of the angles now covered by sky cameras , good/bad decisions have always been a part of the game and hopefully always will . can you imagine a match without controversy ? its would be a boring game to talk about at work on monday
Really...
But sorry there are always cheating in any games and where we will go.
(12-06-2010, 07:29 AM)leechi Wrote: But sorry there are always cheating in any games and where we will go.

leechi, I also agree with you. There is cheating in each and every games as well as we found the cheating when boys are playing in the ground as well. So they also do cheating. According to me there is not any type of solution of cheating.