Man Utd People
CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Printable Version

+- Man Utd People (https://manutdpeople.com)
+-- Forum: Manchester United (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-Manchester-United)
+--- Forum: Transfer Talk (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-Transfer-Talk)
+--- Thread: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton (/Thread-CONFIRMED-Wayne-Rooney-Signs-for-Everton)

CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Noucamp99 - 10-07-2017

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Wayne Rooney is to rejoin Everton, 13 years after signing for the Reds from the Merseyside team.

Jose Mourinho said, "It is no secret that I have long been an admirer of Wayne; he has been a model professional throughout his time at the club and will remain in the history books for many years to come.

"It is never easy to see a great player playing less football than he would like and I could not stand in his way when he asked to go back to Everton. His experience, focus and determination will be missed and I wish him well for the future."

Ed Woodward said, "Wayne has been a fantastic servant to United since the moment he signed for us as a prodigiously talented, explosive teenager some 13 seasons ago.

"Who can forget his storybook debut hat trick against Fenerbahce, the spectacular overhead kick against City and the countless match-winning performances in his time here? But after much discussion, the club has decided to accept his request to rejoin his boyhood team.

"He goes having created some of the most magical moments in some of the most successful years in the club's history. Wayne leaves us as our greatest ever goalscorer and having won every major trophy in the game. His record will take decades for anyone to get close to matching and I am extremely grateful for the way he has led from the front since being appointed club captain three years ago.

"On behalf of the whole club and our hundreds of millions of fans around the world, we wish Wayne all the very best for the next phase of his incredible career."

Quote:Wayne Rooney delivered a heartfelt message to Manchester United staff, players and supporters on Sunday afternoon, just hours after his departure to Everton was confirmed.

The former captain has rejoined the club he supported as a boy and made his professional breakthrough with, prior to being signed by Sir Alex Ferguson in a high-profile transfer in 2004.

After spending 13 years and winning 16 trophies at United, it's clearly an emotional moment for the Reds' record goalscorer as he moves back to Merseyside, and this is reflected in his post on social media.

"Just want to say a massive thank you to everybody at Manchester United," said the striker.

"Thanks to the boards over the years, the managers and coaches I've played under, the staff I've worked with, the team mates I've played alongside, and finally the amazing fans that I've been lucky enough to have played for. Thanks for the memories!"

Former team-mates who posted messages to Wayne on social media included current Reds stars Ander Herrera and Jesse Lingard, who reacted to his exit as they boarded the squad's pre-season tour flight from Manchester to Los Angeles.

Lingard tweeted: "All the best skipper in the next chapter of your amazing career. Been an absolute pleasure and learnt so much, @WayneRooney."

Also on Twitter, Herrera said: "One day I will be able to tell my grandkids I played with you. All the best and thank you @WayneRooney #FarewellToALegend."

Rooney's long-time colleague for club and country, former England right-back Gary Neville, said: "All the best @WayneRooney and congratulations on a great United career. The best striker I played with and saw at the club."

Source: manutd.com

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - ike - 10-07-2017

Well it he has had his moment. As much as a thorn he was in the side for the past few years - he has had a wonderful career at United. Hope he finds his form at Everton.

Don't know exactly where he'd fit in there though. I imagine he'll want to drop back into midfield again.

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Noucamp99 - 11-07-2017

Koeman is talking about moving him around. He will play as a number 10 off the main striker, or as a number 9 or even a number 7?

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - ike - 12-07-2017

Hope he finds his touch again. Preferably against Scouse.
Only 31 he should still have more good games in him.

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Noucamp99 - 13-07-2017

and against City. Wouldn't mind if he scored another overhead in the blue strip against them, lol

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Noucamp99 - 17-07-2017

A Manchester City fan placed a bet in 2010 that Wayne Rooney would join Everton from Manchester United and, after losing his betting slip, had to provide an example of his handwriting to get his hands on his £2,000 winnings

read more at http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/seven-years-ago-city-fan-13339513

RE: CONFIRMED:Wayne Rooney Signs for Everton - Noucamp99 - 26-07-2017

[Image: nintchdbpict000253363675-e1469014545564....&strip=all]

Jose Mourinho claims he got “emotional” when Wayne Rooney ended his 13-year stay at Manchester United to re-join his boyhood club Everton.

The 31-year-old left United earlier this month as part of the deal that saw Romelu Lukaku move in the opposite direction.

Rooney was limited to just five goals in 25 Premier League appearances (15 starts) in Mourinho's first season in charge and assumed an increasingly peripheral role as the season progressed.

The United manager accepts it was in Rooney's best interests to move on in search of more regular playing time but insists the club were happy for him to stay.

Read more at http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10962170/jose-mourinho-got-emotional-when-wayne-rooney-left-manchester-united