Man Utd People
January Transfer Window Wish List - Printable Version

+- Man Utd People (https://manutdpeople.com)
+-- Forum: Manchester United (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-Manchester-United)
+--- Forum: Transfer Talk (https://manutdpeople.com/Forum-Transfer-Talk)
+--- Thread: January Transfer Window Wish List (/Thread-January-Transfer-Window-Wish-List)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Fergies Santa List - Phil-M.U.F.C. - 09-12-2009

We've definitely gotta get someone.

RE: Fergies Santa List - Noucamp99 - 09-12-2009

So long as it ISN'T Grafite, lol.

I heard on TalkSPORT this morning that Sol Campbell is being linked with a January move to United? Anyone else heard that?

BTW, I can't see Whinger Wenger selling any of his players to United. I'm also not sure how reflective of real life PES really is? Would SAF venture into the transfer market after having played a few games on that? I don't think so!!

RE: Fergies Santa List - Vazza - 09-12-2009

yup..... its the Hot news.... now... in all web sites.....
i saw in tribalfootbal,goal.com etc..

only Gordon Taylor said.. he might join Utd....
Manchester United are making a shock move for former England defender Sol Campbell.

The Sun says United boss Alex Ferguson sees the former England centre-half as the answer to United's defensive problems now he is finally allowed to play again.

Campbell, 35, has been training by himself since leaving Notts County in September, just weeks after signing a five-year deal worth £10million with the League Two side.

The one-time Spurs and Arsenal star has now reached agreement with County over his registration which leaves him free to join another club.

United desperately need Campbell's experience to overcome a back four crisis that has Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea all crocked.

Midfielders Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher started at centre-half against Wolfsburg last night.

United are investigating how quickly they can sign Campbell and the signs are he will be fit for his debut for the champions early in the New Year.

Campbell could face the Gunners on January 31 and another ex-club, Portsmouth, on February 6.

source:tribalfootball

Hm, at 35, his experience would be valuable, but I'm not sure he could do it every week?

RE: Fergies Santa List - andrewcmufc - 09-12-2009

oh christ, we must be in really bad debt if we are trying to buy a 35 year old defender who didnt last two months at notts county

its just a backup.....

Utd can buy a 50million worth player every year........ by calculating Utd turnover/revenue/commercials/merch..

Owners personal Debt! debt beeing a burden......

by wengers exp he managed the club ... with debt 300 million..

but our boss.. winning a trophys and managing it!
Salute to Sir Alex...

RE: Fergies Santa List - joey_matthews - 09-12-2009

(09-12-2009, 09:20 AM)andyc09lad Wrote: oh christ, we must be in really bad debt if we are trying to buy a 35 year old defender who didnt last two months at notts county
He didn't cut league two in one game.

I also don't take the "fit" argument because the time he was here he should of been able to at least try to defend. I think it's more to do with "wanting" to do well which isn't a good attribute to a player. He'll probably quit if he does join and hang his boots on fergie's nose :lol:

Sol Campbell has invited Manchester United to make a move for him after he was linked with a shock switch to Old Trafford.

Widespread reports on Wednesday suggested United were lining up a surprise deal for Campbell to bolster their injury-hit defence.

The former England international is free to find a new club after finally securing his release from Notts County after an ill-fated spell at the League Two club.

The 35-year-old, who will have to wait until January to join a new club, is currently training with former side Arsenal as he looks to maintain his fitness.

Reports have claimed United are ready to invite the veteran for training as they weigh up a short-term deal for the central defender.

Wait

Campbell has revealed he has not heard from anyone at United, but that he would interested in a move to the reigning Premier League champions.

"I have heard nothing officially from Manchester United, but there have been suggestions and of course, it would be a great move for me, if it happens," Campbell told ESPN.

"I shall just have to wait and see if a call comes through the right channels.

"Of course I would love to play for Manchester United, but I am not counting any chickens, just waiting to see what happens.

"I am training as usual at Arsenal, and would go to train at Manchester United if I was asked."

Source: skysports.com

RE: Fergies Santa List - Phil-M.U.F.C. - 09-12-2009

Well there certainly is the talk of could he do it every week at 35 years old...hmmm, we'll have to see what happens but I don't think it'll go through, maybe it's possible it could be short term but I have my doubts.