Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: United sign Lukaku
[Image: Romelu.jpg]

Manchester United have announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku from Everton.

Lukaku has signed a five-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months, after completing a medical in Los Angeles over the weekend.

Rumours suggest that the fee could eventually rise to £90m, and United held off late competition from Chelsea for the Belgium striker's signature.

Lukaku has joined up with his new team-mates in Los Angeles ahead of their pre-season schedule in the United States, although he will not feature in their opening game against LA Galaxy this weekend.

Mourinho, who managed the 24-year-old at Chelsea, told the United website: "Romelu is a natural fit for Manchester United. He is a big personality and a big player. It is only natural that he wants to develop his career at the biggest club.

"He will be a great addition to the group and I know they will make him very welcome. I am really looking forward to working with him again."
Romelu Lukaku says "best friend" Paul Pogba played a "big role" in his decision to sign for Manchester United.

The 24-year-old has joined United from Everton on a five-year contract for an initial £75m, with the deal believed to include £15m in add-ons.

Striker Lukaku said he and Pogba, who moved to Old Trafford from Juventus last year, are "always together".

Speaking to MUTV, the Belgium international added that he had "the hunger to win trophies".

Pogba, who has referred to himself as 'Agent P', last week posted pictures on social media of him and Lukaku together.

Lukaku said: "He is one of my best friends, and he is my neighbour as well. We are always together on a daily basis so he would explain to me how things were going.

"When he signed for United, to have witnessed that, it really triggered something in my brain and I knew that if one day I had the chance to sign then I would not say no."