Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hargreaves Can't Wait To Come Back
Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves says he can't wait to put his injury woes behind him and return to first-team action.

The England international has been plagued by a seemingly-unending string of injuries and has had operations to cure tendinitis in both of his knees.

His last appearance for the Red Devils came in the 2008 Champions League Final in Moscow.

"I can't wait to get back involved in it all," he told the club's web site.

"I can't wait to play again for United, to be able to pull on the shirt and have an effect on games.
(07-10-2009, 08:31 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: His last appearance for the Red Devils came in the 2008 Champions League Final in Moscow.

nah thats wrong, m8. he made 3 appearances in the 08/09 season
This is from The Mirror today

"It's human nature to have doubts obviously," he said. "I had little moments, but I never had one moment of major doubt that I'd be back.

"I tried to be as positive as I could. It's not in my nature to be negative. Maybe for one day I might have thought 'why me?', but you know those questions lead to nothing.

"In life we all have experiences, good and bad, and sometimes I think you learn more from the bad ones. Ideally, I'd wish I'd never had to go through it, but I've had to get through.

"It's difficult to say an exact date when I'll be back, but I do feel I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. I've thought about playing again a lot. I can't wait to walk out at Old Trafford again. I'll probably pass out!"

Dr Richard Steadman, who has saved the careers of countless Premier League stars, operated on Hargreaves and the midfielder spent months recuperating in Colorado.

The two-times Champions League winner admits that was tough and is delighted to be back with his team-mates at Carrington.

"Coming back to Manchester was a big step," he said. "Having people from United around me also makes me realise I am getting closer.

"It's been great. That was one of the things that I really missed, being with the guys in the dressing room. The fans have also been great and I just want to repay that faith and kindness.

"Before I left England I bought about 10 DVDs expecting that I'd have all this free time - I didn't watch one of them. I was just so focused on my rehab. All I did was eat, sleep and train.

"I read a few books, but I was just totally consumed with what I had to do. You would have thought you'd have all this spare time, but I didn't have any. I was training at every opportunity. That was all I had time for."

Hargreaves, 28, has been plagued by knee trouble since his £18million move to United in 2007 and hopes he is finally over his injury problems.

United are taking great care over his rehabilitation to ensure he has no relapses and he claims the experience has made him stronger mentally.

Hargreaves also has one eye on South Africa and the man who went from national laughing stock to national hero at Germany 2006, wants to reclaim his England place.

"I'm coming back and I'm coming back for good, not for a week or two," he said. "I'm coming back to have a massive effect and to play well and for us to win titles.

"I want to get back as soon as I can, but it's not about getting back for one game or for one day. I want to come back and be back for another six or eight years.

"People who have struggled through something and strived to achieve something, have an edge over people who've had everything done for them or who've experienced everything going their way.

"There were days when I'd struggle to do an exercise or when my knee would be really sore. I'd just think about the times when I was trying to bend my knee just five degrees, they were big victories along the way. That inspired me and spurred me on.

"Now I'm only looking forward and to playing again."

It sounds like he has been working really hard.
(08-10-2009, 06:52 AM)blah_united Wrote:
(07-10-2009, 08:31 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: His last appearance for the Red Devils came in the 2008 Champions League Final in Moscow.

nah thats wrong, m8. he made 3 appearances in the 08/09 season

are you sure, i am sure that he hasnt played since the champo league final aswell, then again maybe im wrong oh well of to wikipedia
yea blah is right, he made two league appearences and 1 in europe last term, well spotted young man.
his last appearence in a red shirt was against chealse!
i can't wait till he come back our mid field will look better
yeah it will in deed
we will be some force to be reckoned with then
back for bolton???
(17-10-2009, 08:27 AM)PBoleslawS Wrote: back for bolton???

That would be nice, with Fletch a major doubt, but no. Nearer Christmas, I think, was the expectation.