Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Your Singing Heads On!!
Quote:Manchester United will trial a singing section at Old Trafford during next month's Champions League visit of Real Sociedad.

United have already seen one attempt at the venture scrapped after police objected to the relocation of visiting supporters opposite the managers' dug-outs.

But club officials have given their backing to a fresh, fan-led intiative, having taken their own steps to increase noise levels earlier this year when they employed an acoustic engineer.

Up to 1,400 of the most vocal United fans will now be housed in the South East quadrant usually reserved for away fans when Sociedad come to town on 23 October.

Season-ticket holders have been invited to register their interest, with any remaining places offered to members.

The move has already been backed by midfielder Michael Carrick, who wrote on Twitter: "Great idea to have a singing section. If I was going as a fan that's where I'd be..."

Source: skysports.com

I think it a great idea. I would also support a move of the away fans from anywhere near being behind a goal. I think it does give some strength to the away teams with chanting behind them (for 1 half, anyway).

Look at where some fans sit at places like Newcastle, Chelski, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Get Your Singing Heads On!! - by Noucamp99 - 19-09-2013, 06:45 AM
RE: Get Your Singing Heads On!! - by Noucamp99 - 21-10-2013, 12:21 PM