Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie Ronaldo Cash Is There To Spend
This is just recycled news, in my opinion, possibly put out again to help cover the true state of our financial troubles.

Sir Alex is coming towards the end of his stint at OT and I'm sure that (if he had his way) he would want to go out at the top of his game. This however doesn't appear to be on the cards and I'm feeling he won't be too happy about that.

Given the sale of CR7 and the departure of Tevez, we were left with a squad strong on paper but, in reality, were generally poor on the pitch. - Apart from the likes of Rooney, Giggs, Rio, Vidic Evra & VDS, and even they weren't without fault.
Now that our injury problems have only helped to highlight our weaknesses you would imagine that something would be done to rectify the predicament we're in.

The 'Fergie of old', with all his knowledge, wouldn't have hesitated. He would have used this transfer window to shore up an ailing team, so as to push on towards the PL Championship.

So what has changed ? (Apart from the size of our debt.)
OK, transfer fees have escalated out of all proportions and other teams with players on the market, knowing we still have the residue of the CR80M, will want as large a transfer fee as they can get from us.
With that said, you would still expect Sir Alex, with his experience, foresight and nose for a good deal, to have a shopping list of realistically valued players he could buy or loan, to get us out of a dire situation - but No, United are not shopping in the Transfer Market this time round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel that we are lucky to be where we are in the league at the moment. Our position is, in part, due to the failings of the teams around us, and in no way down to our successes.

It may well be that we do get out of this mess, players returning from injury etc., but can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say :~

With this team I expect us to win :
  • The PL Championship. - or
  • The FA Cup. - or
  • The Champions League Trophy

.... Let alone a 'Top Four' place.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fergie Ronaldos Cash Is There To Spend - by Hyltz'. - 08-01-2010, 04:03 PM