Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Foster: Loan or Transfer Rumours
yeah doesn't look good for Ben

Foster given no guarantees
Red Devils stopper may have another frustrating campaign

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has offered goalkeeper Ben Foster no guarantees of first-team football in the near future.

The promising stopper had been tipped for great things but has played second-fiddle to Edwin van der Sar for much of the campaign.

Indeed, when Van der Sar was unable to play in December Ferguson even preferred Tomasz Kuszczak for a number of games.

Having previously spent two successful years on loan at Watford, Foster has only made nine Premier League appearances this term and his manager says it may not improve just yet.

"I have had a chat with Ben," said Ferguson. "I understand his dilemma but there is nothing I can do.

"He is a terrific goalkeeper and we will see what the future brings for the boy.

"He has the talent to be England's goalkeeper and we're conscious of that.

"We'd like to help but unfortunately he's not played enough football to get him on that plane to South Africa."

Foster has been capped four times by England but is widely expected to miss out on the World Cup this summer.

The likes of David James, Robert Green, Joe Hart and Paul Robinson are thought to be higher in Fabio Capello's pecking order.

source: skysports.com

Messages In This Thread
Ben Foster: Loan or Transfer Rumours - by sypher - 16-01-2010, 04:11 PM
RE: Ben Foster: Loan or Transfer Rumours - by Phil-M.U.F.C. - 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM