Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we see referee's?
It's a tough job and the referees get one shot at it. We are spoiled by having 30-odd cameras analyse every kick and trip from an seemingly infinite amount of angles. Add to that the new computer-generated systems that can then rotate a screenshot through any angle and their job is nigh on impossible to get right.

I don't agree that they have to justify themselves for decisions they have got what the public view as wrong once Sky, ESPN or the BBC and ITV have dissected it a million times. If you make a mistake at work, is that discussed in front of millions of people, photographed for the national press and then set up as the blame for your whole company's failure to secure major funding or national prize winning (such as the Queen's award, etc.)? I very much doubt it.

so while it is hard to take that referees are only human and like you and I, make mistakes, there really can be no reason to pin the blame solely on them and ask them to stand in front of a camera to explain themselves.

I would suggest that the area that needs to be addressed is the area of professional players constantly cheating. All those players that dive to win free kicks and penalties; those players that wave the imaginary card in front of the ref to urge for a booking; the 'innocent' look and gestures of those that KNOW they have committed a foul; those 'accidental' handballs that players insist were just that; even claiming for a throw or corner when they KNOW they touched it last.

Show me a player who says he has never cheated and I'll show you a liar!

I'll get off my soapbox now, lol.

And yes, I referee, although only at mini soccer level!!

Messages In This Thread
Why don't we see referee's? - by Johno - 14-04-2010, 04:46 PM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by WatchMUFC - 14-04-2010, 08:09 PM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by Noucamp99 - 15-04-2010, 06:43 AM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by P211 - 15-04-2010, 02:13 PM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by Dj Quick - 19-04-2010, 10:25 PM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by leechi - 04-06-2010, 08:19 AM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by leechi - 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by rondino - 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
RE: Why don't we see referee's? - by herrymoris - 13-07-2010, 12:48 PM