Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United Transfer Rumours and Gossip 2015
Quote:Memphis Depay is determined to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliance at Manchester United.

Ronaldo, one of United's greatest players, won three Premier League titles, two League Cups, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Club World Cup during six glittering years at Old Trafford.

And Depay, who announced at a London event he can become 'one of the best players in the world', is optimistic he can be as influential as Ronaldo at United.

"I heard people compare me to Cristiano Ronaldo," he said at the launch of the Under Armour Speedform Boot in the capital.

"It's great to hear other people say that but I'm still 21 and I hope one day I can reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo."

Depay will be reunited with former Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford less than a year on from starring in their World Cup campaign.

Source: manchestereveningnews.co.uk
Quote:Portuguese winger has no future at Old Trafford after arrival of Memphis Depay, but loan move to Sporting Lisbon is unlikely to be made permanent.

Manchester United are facing a £17 million bill for the remainder of Nani’s Old Trafford contract with the club bracing itself for the winger to return from a season-long loan at Sporting Lisbon this summer.

United, who will complete a £22 million deal for PSV Eindhoven winger Memphis Depay subject to a medical next month, have continued to pay Nani’s £110,000-a-week wages during his loan spell at Sporting as part of the agreement which saw Argentine defender Marcos Rojo complete a £16 million move to United from the Portuguese club last August.

But although Nani has enjoyed a successful campaign with Sporting, the club he left for United in a £17 million deal in May 2007, the 28-year-old’s salary is beyond the Lisbon outfit’s financial means, even before the prospect of a transfer fee can be discussed with United.

Louis van Gaal has made it clear to the Portugal international that he has no future at Old Trafford, with Depay adding to a list of wingers which already includes Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Adnan Januzaj and the £59.7m British record signing Angel di Maria.

But with former manager David Moyes handing Nani a five-year contract in September 2013, United have been left with an unwanted player who is likely to prove too expensive for interested parties to pursue this summer.
Nani, who has scored eleven goals in 35 appearances for Sporting this season, admitted last week that he is planning to return to United, despite his success at Estadio Jose Alvalade.

“The fans asked me to stay, but we all know it’s hard,” Nani told A Bola. “I am very happy to have spent a year at Sporting, but I have a contract with Manchester United and my ambitions are different this time.”

United are prepared to sell Nani this summer, but with little appetite at the club to subsidise another loan move next season, Van Gaal could be forced to restore the player to his squad unless a buyer prepared to finance a permanent move emerges.

Source: telegraph.co.uk[/u]

Messages In This Thread
RE: United Transfer Rumours and Gossip - by Noucamp99 - 14-05-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: United Transfer Rumours and Gossip - by Red-68 - 22-06-2015, 12:00 PM